rear end help

-

ramman7284

Reaction score
i have a 72 duster was originaly a standard trans car has small rear end with small bolt pattern im curious as to what ratio the rear end has

I think your best bet would be to jack up the car and turn the passenger tire and count the number of revolutions the tire makes in relation to one revolution of the driveshaft! If the tire rotates almost 3 times for instance, your ratio would be in the 2:94 range and so on! May be easier to figure that way unless you have the build sheet to check the code! Geof

ok what size would the stock rear end be cause i know its not the 8.75

Most likely a 7 1/4 rear with a 2.76 ratio. That's not set in stone but it is a very common rear.

Attachments

• Mopar_axle.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 211
If its an 7.25 you can take the cover off and the ratio will be stamped on the edge of the ring gear

My mental telepathy is on the blink today. If you could post a good picture of the rear end in your car, it would greatly help.

ya i dont hear no noises from it and its held up so far done a few hard take offs when the car had a 2bbl now has a 4bbl and just needs to b tuned and hopefully it holds up to it then

-
Back