Rear line bleeding/ prop valve clogged?.

-

snate66

We're done here...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I searched the threads and of course there is a dizzying amount of posts with my keywords (and I have a Saturdays' worth of garage beers in me) I will poll the masses.
I just installed the 68 KH front disks, using the MC 36406 master cyl. (Power 15/16 bore), I added the P104 Texas shaped proportional valve for the rear lines and bypassed the original distribution block.
After bleeding the brakes I don't get the "stop" feel. I went back and bled again, and I do not get much fluid or pressure to the rear lines. Fronts are normal. worked my way back to the Proportional valve. High pressure bursting from the front and the same dribble from the outlet.
This was new and I feel like it is not letting the pressure through. Clogged?

Before I removed from the system and opened it up I was looking for any previous experience. I don't believe these are adjustable. Maybe just remove , clean install, re-bleed?
IMG_0177.JPG

When my challenger was apart I had one of those mud wasps build a nest in the rubber over axle hose. Screwed with it for a week only to find the blockage there. Check for debris

The rubber hoses do sometimes collapse inside and block fluid flow, no insect req'd. And just due to the rash of related threads recently,,, check the pushrod / master cylinder travel. The brake lamp switch adjustment can prevent master cylinders full return. This usually results with brakes held on/dragging. I don't know what effect it might have in the bleeding process.
Some of the OEM type proportion valves are a pain to get centered so fluid flows both ways and the warning lamp stays off. The cast iron one with a tiny button stem thingy at one end? I forget. Anyway... There was a thread where someone said old school method, kick/stomp the chit outa the pedal would fix it. That's all I got. Hope it helps.

After removing and flushing the little p104 valve, I was able to get a good flow back to the rear. I must have had something work its way in there but would not push through. Bought a bottle of wine for a friend in exchange for the use of her leg to bleed every corner again to double check.
Should be able to give it a road test tonight if the rain holds off...

-
Back