Rear quater rust repair pics's

-

siacs

Reaction score
Just finished the driver side rear 1/4 panel today of my 1971 Duster. It took the better part of the afternoon. The bottom 4 inches or so had some rust that was covered by some bondo and bubbling up. I just thought I would post a few pic's. The inner panel had a small area that we cut out and made a patch panel for. Beyond that we replaced the bottom section of the 1/4 with some lower 1/4's that I got from a 74 Duster parts car that I bought for the disc brakes Could have been worse. . I am sure glad it is an AZ car. Next weekend will be the passenger side

IMG_0015_1.JPG

IMG_0023_1.JPG

IMG_0024_1.JPG

Looks like you know your business. I have two qtr panels awaiting installation on my 70 Dart. I'm working up the courage to start cutting. Just got a spotweld cuter in the mail yesterday. If my job is not too ugly, I may post some pics. Howard

I must confess I used to do body and paint when I was younger. For this I did ask for assistance from a close freind of mine who kinda runs and does most if not all the sheetmetal and fabrication and everything else etc.... at Hot Rods and Classics of Tucson. A very smart move on my part I must add. The level of quaility and attention to detail that he has is second to none. They just do things a little different in that enviroment. I used to just repair everyday drivers. They do all of the 5 and 6 digit price range of showcar quaility vehicles..... If any of the A-Bodies Only community is ever in Tucson they should stop and check them out.

-
Back