Rear seat compatibility

-

Craig Burriss

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1970 Duster and it doesn’t have a rear seat. Are there any other Mopars of any other years that have a rear seat that will fit right in my car? I don’t care about the patterns in the fabric or the shape of the foam. I just want the frames to fit right.

Thanks

I have a 1970 Duster and it doesn’t have a rear seat. Are there any other Mopars of any other years that have a rear seat that will fit right in my car? I don’t care about the patterns in the fabric or the shape of the foam. I just want the frames to fit right.

Thanks

If I remember right, there is a how to thread to convert to a later model duster/dart sport fold down rear seat back for the early dusters. You may prefer that. I think @72bluNblu did that conversion on his duster.

Just Duster and Dart Sport. All other a-bodies are different.

1970 to 1976 Duster, Demon and Dart Sport seats will fit so long as they are not the fold down version.

Hello Craig,

The following has been posted on CL for some time now.
73-75 Plymouth Duster parts
If you can get them cheep that may offset the shipping cost.
Good luck and let us know how you make out (pictures of the car).
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

I have a seat that looks to be out of a 71-2 or so Dart swinger, the hooks on the floor of m 71 duster are in different place, and I believe the top hooks different so I bet the previous comment is correct we both need rear from duster, demon, of dart sport! I might be physically the same but I will not start cutting and welding to make fit anyway, this swinger seat is mint, I need to find it a new home!!!

The guys r right about the swinger seats not fitting. Although if u watch Rust Valley Restorers Mike put a dart sport seat into a 70/71 swinger and said it was a perfect fit. Ha ha. Kim

The guys r right about the swinger seats not fitting. Although if u watch Rust Valley Restorers Mike put a dart sport seat into a 70/71 swinger and said it was a perfect fit. Ha ha. Kim

I put a 70s duster back seat in my 70 Dart, it took a little bit of elbow grease and manipulation, but it fit perfectly once i got it locked in.

75614259_10212130254211571_7590946149800869888_n.jpg

We tried to put a 74 duster rear seat into a 71 swinger. I can’t remember for sure but I think the 74 seat was to narrow. Kim

The Dart seats even differ through the years. My '69 has '70 Dart seats in it, front and rear. The front bench is okay, the seat back release is just in a different location. The back fits, the bottom is okay, but the seat back , though it fits, the top hooks in , can not attach the bottom. So the seat bottom holds the seat back in place. It works for now. So this is what you may encounter with different years.

Older thread I know, was maybe hoping someone might have the answer, My car never had a rear seat when i got it, had some aluminum delete for when it was drag racing, I am currently putting a rear seat back in, I see the hooks for the top of the rear seat. but there is nothing on the bottem to retain the base, is there supposed to be a similar hook style for the bottem?

Thanks in advance,.

Older thread I know, was maybe hoping someone might have the answer, My car never had a rear seat when i got it, had some aluminum delete for when it was drag racing, I am currently putting a rear seat back in, I see the hooks for the top of the rear seat. but there is nothing on the bottem to retain the base, is there supposed to be a similar hook style for the bottem?

Thanks in advance,.
In Dusters, I have notied there can be a difference in various years, in the frame of the rear seat and this where the floors "hooks" are placed to hold the bottom of the etc. Sorry I have no pics to show it.

i have a seat from a 1972 duster that was in a car i owned and it is different than my 1970 duster top as well as bottom brakets e different seems strange

-
Back