Rear Seat Conundrum

-

Red_Duster

Reaction score
Well, maybe here’s a new one, but maybe (hopefully) not. My 1974 Duster is more or less complete now, and anyone who followed the build knows I bought it mostly as roller/former drag car. The last thing I need for the interior is a rear seat- unfortunately it looks like the previous owner ground off the floor brackets. Anyone ever encounter that? Any solutions out there? Search function yielded nada.
Thanks guys.

2D392DD9-17C0-4C6C-ADFD-3E4F3FC8EED9.jpeg

You built quite a nice Duster. Love that red.
I have a while back got the measurements for the two lower seat hooks on the floor for a member here. Should be a piece of cake for you to replace them. If you put a wanted add or find them new,
I'll get the measurements from my 70 Duster floor for you. (I don't know if there's any difference from 70 to 74)

You built quite a nice Duster. Love that red.
I have a while back got the measurements for the two lower seat hooks on the floor for a member here. Should be a piece of cake for you to replace them. If you put a wanted add or find them new,
I'll get the measurements from my 70 Duster floor for you. (I don't know if there's any difference from 70 to 74)

Thanks buddy, and that would be slick. I can’t believe I never really paid attention to them on my other cars. I’m assuming they are welded to the floor? I can’t tell where they were at all.

My 68 Barracuda had the same thing done to it. I took the hooks out of a 68 Dart and installed them. worked great.

I'll try to get some pictures and measurements in the next few days. They are rear facing hooks welded to the seat bottom platform. Just back from the front edge a couple of inches if I remember correctly.

I better head over to “wanted to buy”. Hopefully I have better luck thank my brake light switch bracket posting!

I'll try to get some pictures and measurements in the next few days. They are rear facing hooks welded to the seat bottom platform. Just back from the front edge a couple of inches if I remember correctly.
Sounds right. I was lucky in that the Previous owner cut only the part that rose up from the floor. So I knew wear to put the hooks.

You’s looks quite a bit nicer than my current stopgap. I need to get some gusseted vinyl, but at this point I’d rather have the seat.

4898BBA5-5EC3-4D4A-AA5F-F9487FD4FF37.jpeg

Also noteworthy, I saw a local guy who put a 2017 camaro rear seat into his 68 dart... I wonder if I could cut some of those out at pick n’ pull. I know it’s GM, but I could cut the hole in the donor extra big if made everyone feel better.

Ha! At least you have armrest. The PO removed ALL of them in my car when they put on new door panels

Oh, I scrounged those up. One is was green and one was white. Nothing some vinyl paint couldn’t fix. I think I have since found one or two in the garage if you are still in need.

Oh, I scrounged those up. One is was green and one was white. Nothing some vinyl paint couldn’t fix. I think I have since found one or two in the garage if you are still in need.
Thanks I may take you up on that. Funny my door panels don’t even have the holes punched out. BTW are those wheels the Weld drag lites?

Vision Nitros through summit, less expensive, nice and light. I’ve been pretty happy with them.

I don't have measurements, but there are some decent landmarks in the picture. They sit in front of the rear floor pan seam, just off to the side of that shoulder that comes off the transmission tunnel

IMG_1467.jpeg

Here you go.....I got these from a fellow FABO member when I had to replace mine. The 16" is from the side where the interior panel attaches. 2" from leading edge of footwell......'71 Demon.

seat bracket 2 inches.jpg

seat bracket 16 inches.jpg

Thanks I may take you up on that. Funny my door panels don’t even have the holes punched out.

I'm no Duster expert but it's very likely rear armrests were not standard. Don't forget, Dusters were considered an economy car back then.
On 67-69 Barracudas, rear armrests were not standard. Only added when deluxe interior was ordered.

So am I missing the upper mount too? Please don’t tell me it’s where the cage was running though the package tray.

5FB7E774-5AB5-4052-BDAC-31D0A91DECEC.jpeg

I found one of these. It's yours. I may have another, but i may not have it immediately.
20210113_190408.jpg

-
Back