Rear seat interchange

-

Tylinol

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got a '69 Barracuda notch and I'm finishing the interior restoration. At some point in the past, a lot of the interior was replaced with stuff from a '72 Duster (center console, 3 out of 4 door panels, and the rear seat). We only noticed the rear seat was wrong because my upholsterer was having too much trouble trying to stretch the upholstery over the rear seat frame, of course after they've been blasted and powdercoated to look brand new.

I'm surprised the duster seats fit as well as they did, so my question is - what, if any, years/models have rear seat frames that match the ones that should be in my '69 Barracuda notch? Are they all unique? Are the tops interchangeable but the bottoms different perhaps?

Photo of the rear seat when I first got the car.
67584235_10157641899655854_106303451348074496_o.jpg

Top of the seat back should be about flush with the package shelf. Duster back is taller, creates a ledge. 67,8 ,9 Notchback are all the same. B'cuda Fastbacks and verts are different. I think the 2 door hardtop Darts are the same as the notchback but I don't know for how many years beyond 69.

My '69 Dart has '70 Dart seats in it, front and back. The backs have altered hold downs. Seat back will hook at the top, but not the bottom. The seat bottom holds the back in. The seat bottom is different, but will hook into the holddowns. I would think that Dusters and Demons , though they look similar, are different.

-
Back