Rear Stripe color?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
From the factory did the rear stripe usually match the upholstery color? IE black seats-black stripe ?:thankyou:

Not at all.

What year car and what do your options indicate?

available stripe colors varied from year to year, though it seems that Black and white were available in most years. Late 60s saw red (which is particularly great on a silver car). I've seen some real oddball colors like a green 70 340 Dart with a translucent green stripe called for on the build sheet. I'm copying a factory color combo on my current Dart GT project - a Plum Crazy car with white stripe. What other unusual factory stripes have people seen?

From the factory did the rear stripe usually match the upholstery color? IE black seats-black stripe ?:thankyou:

Not at all. Back in early 1970 I bought a used '69 340 Swinger that was just a few months old. R4 Red with a white butt stripe and black interior.
My current project is a '69 Dart that's just been painted Viper red with a white stripe and, yes, it will have a black interior when finished.

Challenger got equipped with green or magenta stripes in 70

OK just trying to decide on stripe color...….. my car Plum Crazy/Black seats Thanks

I see AlaskanTA is on it.

Dealer data books show available color/stripe conbos.

They are on his site- hamtramckhistorical.com

Red stripe on dark green. Seen that on both '68-'69 Darts and '68-'70 Chargers. Looks really good with a black interior, and especially cool with red-line tires. I';m thinking it must have been factory O.K.'d because there a quite a few of them around.

OK just trying to decide on stripe color...….. my car Plum Crazy/Black seats Thanks

I'd go with white - the black would disappear. go on a browser and look for "1970 Dart Plum Crazy" and click on pictures. You should find photos of both colors if you scroll through.

Thanks for all your replies ill let you know what I come up with :thumbsup::thankyou:

-
Back