rear sump oil pan for slant six

-

HemiDenny

HDK Suspension
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking for a picture....or source for a rear sump oil pan for a 225 / 6cyl.

Thanks,
Denny

looking for a picture....or source for a rear sump oil pan for a 225 / 6cyl.

Thanks,
Denny

There's usually a couple on eBay, but I don't see any right now.

Here's a picture. The one in the upper right hand corner is the truck pan.

SLANT OIL PANS.jpg

You may want to try Dorman. I needed a 318 truck pan and got it from Summit replacement parts.It was a Dorman part. Maybe?

You may want to try Dorman. I needed a 318 truck pan and got it from Summit replacement parts.It was a Dorman part. Maybe?

Negative. I've been looking almost all morning. Nobody makes one anymore. Used will be his only choice and I have not found one of those either.

@805moparkid might have something. I tagged him. He's not around much anymore but maybe he'll see it.

Denny, Try the guys over on slantsix.org One guy from Maryland races a Slant pickup.
His name is Rick Covalt.

I can get you a photo of the one in my truck, it's an 82 D-150 with a slant. It will be a little later today when I get out to the shop.

Here are the shots of the pan on my 82 D-150. They are a little less than crystal clear due to it still being in the truck. It's coming out for a timing chain and other upgrades in the next day or two, if you need something else let me know.

DSCN0686.JPG
DSCN0687.JPG
DSCN0688.JPG
DSCN0689.JPG
DSCN0698.JPG
DSCN0700.JPG

Here ya go, pix of the pan now that the engine is out. If you still need a pan try Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Sandy, OR. They have a tremendous stock of all things Mopar.

DSCN0709.JPG
DSCN0710.JPG

I just got a truck pan, no it isnt for sale (I need it for the "new and improved" engine I'm working on for my truck) wasn't hard at all to find.
now to go and jab the machine shop so he gets going on my engine that has only been there what... 5 months now? the only thing I have asked for so far, is a measure out so I know what O/S parts are gonna be needed...... cant even get that done.... there was a Q about possible crack in outside water jacket, he sent it out for shot peen and "more complete" magnaflux than what he has...... came back with clean bill of health... good news since I got this engine in pieces.... and all weren't there.
need to flip a coin and decide which of the 2 cams that I want mine ground into being...... and get it out to Oregon to be done. debating between their 819 and the Dutra RV10/15 RDP

Go to car-part.com enter 86 dodge d-150 oil pan
Lots of hits
You will need the pickup tube, also, and dipstick.

Last edited:
As much as yall fab stuff, Make one. Shouldn't be that bad.

I would like one for the HDK rack / coil-over / 6cyl mock up....No problem to fabricate / modify a pan, but prefer off the shelf components work with the package.

I will likely get one from car-part.com.....thanks Charrlie_S

-
Back