rear suspesion questions

-

Mopardude

Reaction score
Putting a 8 3/4 under my car and need some info before I go off half cocked buying parts. What does everyone like as far as springs and shocks? This is a street and strip car. I was thinking either super stock or cal tracs. I heard something about with super stocks the spring shackles need to be relocated?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Super stock are a bolt in deal on a-bodies. B and E need a longer front hanger. If you have the money go with the caltracs. If not the 002/003 superstocks work well too.

I have a 66 dart wagon, and they don't have much ov a spring to start with, so add 38 yeerz ov bending, and U ain't leff wit much...I inquired around about new springs(all A bodied will work in my car) and I found a local co, "Penny's spring" that said he could build me a set to my specs...Tha manager happens to be into restoring Mopars, and haz a 66 hemi GTX...He said he has all tha load range charts for all tha cars, and they could build me a set of SS springs(which were a stock set with an extra #2 leef, but longer in front)...They came out quite good, and only cost me $120 for both(I had to install my own spring bushings, but they removed the old ones)...When U buy a set ov springs, U git what U git...If U can find a local to work with U, U kan build them the way U want the car to set/work/ride!!!...When we run tha SS/B car, we would buy a set ov SS springs, then have to make them work for us...so why buy a new set when U will have to make them do what U want(if U are a tuner...if not, juss buy a set and stick them in)...REX

-
Back