Rear wheel cyl gaskets??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put my new brakes together while the 8 3/4 is out of the car. Pretty much new everything in there, when I went to put in the new wheel cyl I noticed that the old ones had foam gaskets in there that went between the cyl and the backing plate. I spent about an hour at the auto store trying to find them(I think they should came with the new wheel cyl). Can I put them on without the gaskets or does anyone know where I can get them. This is about the last thing I need for the brakes and then can take the rearend up to Nigels. Thanks!

Those gaskets aren't absolutely required. If James @ DMT doesn't have them, you could cut them out of similar material. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ben, what about using RTV silicone on the back??

RTV is a quick easy sealant today but a mess to clean up next time.
I have some .010 thick cork here I could cut them out of. I also have a used steering column to floor seal which is the same foam like material that may be big enough to cut 2 wheel cylinder mounting gaskets out of.

Hey Steve,Canadian Tire sells a kit of different thicknesses of gasket material(in plumbing)I have a kit in my racing tool box,just in case.I just used a thin coat of silicone on mine.Hope this helps.

Hey Steve,Canadian Tire sells a kit of different thicknesses of gasket material(in plumbing)I have a kit in my racing tool box,just in case.I just used a thin coat of silicone on mine.Hope this helps.

Thanks Scott, I gotta go in to town to drop off my leaf springs, so I will take a look thru Can Tire.

Steve

-
Back