Rear Window Fogged (unrestored '65 Signet Convertible)

-

dibbons

Reaction score
What happens if I try to "unzip" the rear window? Will it lower so I can restore some rear visibility again? I have never tried it in the ten years or more I have owned the vehicle. Thank you.

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

You have a plastic rear window, my guess is it will never be clear again.

You could try the headlight cleaner stuff

But I doubt it will work.

As for the zipper, zip away, as long you are comfortable with it never going back up.

I don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom but there comes a time in every convertibles life to get a new top!

Also if the top is in good shape the curtain with the plastic window can be replaced.

I don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom but there comes a time in every convertibles life to get a new top!

finally realized that. I was really trying to keep my factory top but it should be replaced.

I regularly unzip my rear window and lay it down before folding the top. My usual long distance travel mode is top up with all windows down including the rear. Especially the 5+ hrs each way to Carlisle. It helps to unlatch and raise the front off the header a bit to make rezipping easier.

Another thing, it may help to shoot some silicone or other lube on the zipper.

I used silicone spray before unzipping and was able to zip the window back up again (that is one heavy-duty metal zipper!).

-
Back