Rear window trim question

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Working on my 66 Dart. The trim around the rear window will not sit down tight against the window, There is a gap all the way across the bottom of about 1/8" or more as you can see in the pic below. My question would be how ddo I get it to lay down tighter on the window rubber? Do I need to use some weatherstrip adhesive on it or maybe some Silicone? What are my choices?
DSCN1111.JPG
Thanks Rod

Working on my 66 Dart. The trim around the rear window will not sit down tight against the window, There is a gap all the way across the bottom of about 1/8" or more as you can see in the pic below. My question would be how ddo I get it to lay down tighter on the window rubber? Do I need to use some weatherstrip adhesive on it or maybe some Silicone? What are my choices?
View attachment 1715297797Thanks Rod
The reason is that the moulding does not attach to the clips at the bottom. You need to take off the inner chrome moulding and bend the clips so it gets tighter when you add the moulding.
Good luck!

65 dartcharger,
Im not folloing what you are saying. I thought the tabs on the molding get pinched between the window clips and the body?
Here I am attaching a pic of what I have but i thought the bottom of the trim tabs got pinch between body and clip. If not I dont see how else it would fasten, The top and sides get pinched and they seem to be fine. When you say inner chrome the bottom only has that one piece of trim. Now the sides and top have another piece right beside them but the bottom is all by itself. I pinched a piece of wood behind the clip to see if I could make the clips grab any tighter and that helped some but still not tight enough. Do you have any pics of how yours was? Appreciate any help you can throw my way.
Rod
DSCN0916.JPG
DSCN1021.JPG

-
Back