Rebuild Question

-

Rallyerick

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to do a rebuild on a less than show worthy vehicle. Rock Auto and others have various manufacturers available with costs from dirt cheap to holy smokes. With that said are the Mooig or AC-Delco really any better than Mevotech or the other bargain basement Ball Joints or Tie-Rod ends? I’m all for saving a $$$, but....
Thoughts or experiences??
Thanks

MOOG used to be the class of the field, but they've taken their eyes off the ball in the last few years. I've been disappointed in their products several times. When I tried for some customer service, I was ignored, so I can't recommend them or their products anymore.

Today's marketplace is changing so fast, I don't who to recommend anymore. I used Moog, 15-20 years ago. I still believe that there are places on your car that you should not go cheap- brakes, suspension, tires, oil and maybe tune-up.

I won't buy suspension bits online because nobody will tell you country of origin. I want to see the box and see that the part was made in North America (I'm fine with Mexico or Canada).

I purchased mine from PST. Complete kit or individual pieces. Completely satisfied with product, Price, and customer service.

I was just talking to my Carquest Jobber and he said his Federal Mogul rep said there is a lot of people saying their part is made by Moog and even has the same part number but they are not made by Moog. Cheap you buy, cheap you get. I agree with Jim Lusk. Made in North America.

Thanks....I appreciate the feedback....going to go middle of the road and see what happens.

-
Back