rebuilding a 727 to hold a 600 hp motor

-

Moparkid23

Reaction score
Hey , was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should buy to rebuild my 727 that's going to be sitting behind a 438 stroker
Im 18 and building my first car, it's a 72 dart swinger

Hey , was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should buy to rebuild my 727 that's going to be sitting behind a 438 stroker
Im 18 and building my first car, it's a 72 dart swinger

Check out www.tcsproducts.com. They manufacture all manner of parts/converters for your needs. The 800 number works across North America. The guy to talk to is Paul. He previously owned a high performance engine shop and was a crew chief on a Pro Mod car. Knowledgeable and a no BS guy, who will ask you all kinds of questions to make sure you get the right stuff for your project . Pontiac on the web page is the owners BA/A car. Runs Steve Schmidt 500 cu in pro stock motor backed up by a 904. In the sixes at 200+ MPH.

Except for installing a bolt in rear sprague it doesn't take anything other than a rebuild with good parts and includes setting all the clearances correctly. A very good book on 727's is by Carl Munroe and is about $20 on Amazon. It goes into detail describing how the 727 works and how to rebuild it for a stock engine all the way to a full race unit. Go to Amazon and type in 727 torqueflite and it'll come up

The Munroe book is very good. There is a rebuild video that is great as well.

There are some quirks to drag racing a 727 that you should pay attention to and learn. Tough transmission when treated right!

Except for installing a bolt in rear sprague it doesn't take anything other than a rebuild with good parts and includes setting all the clearances correctly. A very good book on 727's is by Carl Munroe and is about $20 on Amazon. It goes into detail describing how the 727 works and how to rebuild it for a stock engine all the way to a full race unit. Go to Amazon and type in 727 torqueflite and it'll come up

There are some quirks to drag racing a 727 that you should pay attention to and learn. Tough transmission when treated right!

x10 on the Munroe book

Check out the stickies at the top of this page

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=34

X 1000000000 for the video

X 1000000000 for the video

I think I may have the video on disc if the OP was looking for one.

Build it yourself, they are easy to do. If you can put an engine together, you can do a TF trans. Nothing to it!

I'm going to buy the book and see what I can do... if it comes out bad then Ill have a professional do it.. I don't mind doing the work I look forward to doing it

-
Back