Rebuilt Edelbrock, yea or nay

-

RandyB

Reaction score
At it again, Ive heard a lot of negative about rebuilt carbs. But price is right and I can get my 65 Barracuda on the road sooner.

66130622-D7EB-478E-81CA-F3D8487EC68E.png

Aren't new ones just as cheap? I bought a couple near new 600 Edelbrock's at swap meets for $100. Bolt on, minor adjustments and go. You may have to machine/enlarge the secondary openings in the intake to get the secondaries to open.

Aren't new ones just as cheap? I bought a couple near new 600 Edelbrock's at swap meets for $100. Bolt on, minor adjustments and go. You may have to machine/enlarge the secondary openings in the intake to get the secondaries to open.
I was able to pick up an Edelbrock D4B intake to put on my 273
The new ones are only a few hundred more. Guess I’ll just save a little more

Last edited:
I was able to pick up an Edelbrock D4B intake to put on my 225.
The new ones are only a few hundred more. Guess I’ll just save a little more
I'd like to see that happen! LOL. a 273 may be?

I’m not too keen on O’Reilly

I think it depends on the quality of the help in auto parts stores. O’Reilly is much better than Autozone or Advance by me. Both of them seem to have a bunch on nitwits working there. I like Napa also, but it is too far away.

One of my friends bought an el cheapo rebuilt Edelbrock at Oreilly (couldn’t believe the price) we put it on his car and it ran fine. That is only one data point, however.

I have a 1406 I will never use. If you want to rebuild it and use it pm me your address and you can have it for shipping.

Don't buy one at O'Reilly's but yet the one my friend bought at O'Reilly's work fine?..
I can 110 % assure you that nobody at O'Reilly's is rebuilding carburetors...

Don't buy one at O'Reilly's but yet the one my friend bought at O'Reilly's work fine?..
I can 110 % assure you that nobody at O'Reilly's is rebuilding carburetors...

Exactly.

Do you think they rebuild carburetors in the back room at O'Reilly?
For sure.... They not only whipped one together for me, they installed it and tuned it, same as they will install wiper blades. Great deal, 135 bucks rebuilt, installed, and tuned! Fine place that O'reilly's....
:lol:

Summit has at least five 600 cfm brand new carbs at $350 or less. Eddie afb style, avs2 (would be my choice) Holley style, qf brawler and slayer, and summits own, a new updated version of the autolite,(also a good carb) that Holley brought out about twenty years ago, and has sold to summit. The summit carb did Very well in a recent "cheap carbs" test on engine masters, won the shootout if I recall.
I think I would find out what the warrantee is on the oreilleys carb is, and if its more than ten minutes/ten miles, id give that a shot!

-
Back