[SOLD] **REBUILT** Kelsey Hayes 4 Piston Caliper, Left Side. 65-72 A Body Cars.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Contact seller
I have this REBUILT, LEFT side, (drivers side) Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, disc brake caliper, that's used on the 65-72 A body line of cars.
4 new pistons, new rebuild kits, and pads still have 95% material left on them.

Recently got this caliper, and a disc brake hub, from a good friend of mine, that no longer has an A body car, so i rebuild, recondition, refurbish, all these things.

Selling this caliper for $160.00 outright.
That's the firm price.
I don't need and trades, or offers for the parts.

Shipping will be $15.00 thru the USPS, in one of their flat rate boxes, anywhere in the USA.
Hawaii, and Alaska, included.

These calipers are pretty much out of stock, these days, at the parts store level, and are getting hard to come across, in this day and age.

Payment will be thru Pay Pal.

Serious buyers, send me a pm, and we will go from there.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

FYI
Keep watching the For sale section, as I'm currently in the process of rebuilding a 100% complete, 65-72 Kelsey Hayes disc brake system for the 1965-72 A body cars.

That disc brake set up is now, currently, advertised for sale.

Lt. KH Caliper 65-72 001 (Small).JPG

Lt. KH Caliper 65-72 002 (Small).JPG

Lt. KH Caliper 65-72 003 (Small).JPG

Lt. KH Caliper 65-72 004 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I recently got a set of these for my Dart, they need to be rebuilt. What is the cost to rebuild a set of these?

People ask me that question from time to time, but custom rebuilding calipers for people never works out, or goes anywhere.
I'm into caliper rebuilding anywhere from 3 to 4 hours labor time, start to finish.
Taking them apart, getting all the pistons out, cleaning them in the solvent tank, Evaporusting them back to bare metal.
Painting them, putting in the kits, pistons, re- assembling them.
Lot's of labor time.
My labor rates are $60.00 an hour, which is less than half what shops charge in my area of the world. (Sacramento)
Then you gotta figure on both ways mailing.
Then how bad are the pistons internally, and do one, two, three, four, all of them needing replacement.
Don't know until they are opened up.
Pistons 15.00 each, then the mailing to get them.
Kits, again $15.00 each.
A can of paint before putting them back together.
All ads up.
Fileing down the divots in the big main body of the caliper where the pads set down.
Then, are any of the hard lines bent, needing replacement.
Brake pads, pad hold down clips, if you don't have them. More expenses.
That's another $35.00 plus mailing, for hard lines.
As you can see, they ain't cheap to rebuild them.
If any of the bleeder screws, flair nut fittings, are frozen stuck, stripped off, and won't come out, they to me are nothing but boat anchors.
Way to much labor time in surgically trying to drill them out, in saving them.
Sometimes calipers are just good enough to use, turn in as cores, if store bought ones could be found.
Calipers these days are pretty much, "out of stock" at the parts store level.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back