Rebuilt kit for A904 TF6?

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi there

Well, im gonna be pulling the trans thie next few weeks or so. Shes leaking oil and considering the age, I might as well strip it and change whatever need to be changed.

So before I click "Buy it now" i wanna make sure that this is the correct one for my '66 Dart with 170CID Slant.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/171359812237?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It says '60-'71 but as far as I know, they changed the trans (cant remember what was changed) in late '65 for the '66 model.

So how can this kit be for pre-'66 and post-'66 at the same time?

Just making sure.

Thanks

Syed
Malaysia

The only thing I know for sure is the early ones were cable shift. There may have been other changes also but I haven't rebuilt any early 904's to know the differences. I did notice it doesn't come with all the bushings or any thrust washers (to properly set the end play you need a selection of thrust washers) or the rear band. Not sure what the shipping price to you is but it's freakin crazy expensive to me.

if you buy a rear band...make sure you tell them it is a /6 904....as the V8 904 and /6 904 use different rear bands....i found that out...LOL...

-
Back