Recent post and new post

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Normally I click on new post and read all the new post since I was last on. So I did that than went to a couple of my post and updated them and them clicked on new post and they did not show up. I clicked on recent post and they showed up there. So my question is what the difference between New Post and Recent Post and why we have both?

Normally I click on new post and read all the new post since I was last on. So I did that than went to a couple of my post and updated them and them clicked on new post and they did not show up. I clicked on recent post and they showed up there. So my question is what the difference between New Post and Recent Post and why we have both?
and what one is the same as the one on the old site new post?

I think recent posts (on the new forum) is the equivalent of new posts on the old forum. New posts on the new forum, I think, is stuff you haven't replied to so it's new to you, not new as in a timeline of when the last post was.

Or something like that.

Lol same here Dave. Lots to learn with new format. Dont see the BO cuda on front page anymore either??

I know you (joey) are still working on the site. I do like it, just hate change and I know I will get used it. I do think things are Better. Thanks
Now how about the that BO29 and LO23 super stock forum?

'Recent' is ALL recent, 'New' drops out anything you already looked at. Similarly, 'Watched' only shows what you have not looked at. If you want all of ones you viewed already to show up, go to the bottom of the watched page and click 'Show All watched'

'Recent' is ALL recent, 'New' drops out anything you already looked at. Similarly, 'Watched' only shows what you have not looked at. If you want all of ones you viewed already to show up, go to the bottom of the watched page and click 'Show All watched'

Exactly...

I am not getting Alerts when i post to a Thread. I checked the settings everything is set for getting Alerts.

I am not getting Alerts when i post to a Thread. I checked the settings everything is set for getting Alerts.

Click your username on the top right. A menu will come up. Then click Preferences --

Look for "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and make sure that box is checked

New Posts works just like it did before, and recent posts works just like today's posts did.

No it does not thats my I am asking. Now that I am replying it should show up on the top and it will not. I do not even see it on new post.

No it does not thats my I am asking. Now that I am replying it should show up on the top and it will not. I do not even see it on new post.

No. It has always worked that way. You are thinking of today's posts -- which is now recent posts

See @davescuda :

Untitled.jpg

I only used new post on the old site. so I can see everything new. not working that way

Yes it is. It wouldn't show a post that you posted in last under new post because it is not new to you if you posted in it last. Since you were the last poster, you presumably read it all. It will show up under new posts when someone else posts in the thread.

Yes it is. It wouldn't show a post that you posted in last under new post because it is not new to you if you posted in it last. Since you were the last poster, you presumably read it all. It will show up under new posts when someone else posts in the thread.
yes it would all the time. When anybody posted anything new it an any post it would go to the top on new post.

-
Back