Reclining Bucket Seat Option 1974 Duster 360

-

Chris (CJ) Johnson

Long may you run, Cody...long may you run
Reaction score
Hello Folks, hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery: I have a 74 Duster with the correct fender tag showing option code C56 "Dual recline buckets" as well as C16 "console w bucket seats" and I got these code definitions from themoparshop website. However, my bucket seats do not recline (they only fold forward) and so at first I figured someone must have swapped them out. The driver's seat had a partial broadcast sheet and the top portion with the vin was gone. I pulled the rear seat back and was happily surprised to find a 100% intact broadcast sheet with the correct vin. I matched everything on the partial sheet to the intact one without exception, which leads me to believe the buckets are probably the original ones the car was born with. So, I can see 3 possible answers to this:
1. The seats were swapped and the culprit removed the sheet and stuck it in the replacement seat springs (and that's how it got so shredded)
2. The option was part of the seat brackets which someone swapped out
3. The code definition I'm looking at is inaccurate in some way
I have no clue what the right answer is and thought maybe someone out there is familiar with this option or even has reclining buckets and could educate me as to what the mechanism looks like...any help would be greatly appreciated!

C56 is just bucket seats (no recline)

A lot of online decoders suck.

-
Back