Recomend an exhaust

-

Tech857

Reaction score
I ve got a 73 Dart Sport 340 auto 3.55 posi 38k mile stock original car. This car was sitting in a guys yard since 1977. I picked it up last spring and did brake system,cooling syetem,fuel system ect and put about a 1000 miles on it. It has parts of an original exhaust under it but it needs to be replaced. I want to get a TTI exhaust and possibly headers. I want it to have a nice rumble to it but not be annoying to drive on the highway ect. So question is headers yes or no? Worth the extra cost on a stock engine? What mufflers Super turbo,flowmaster, ultra flow? magna flow? TTI or something else??

An inexpensive exhaust can be purchased from Summit racing. It is a true dual with mello sounding mufflers that have a nice rumble when you hit the hammer. You can hook it up to the tti's easy enough.

Here's the car

Attachments

• 1345918180210.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 281
Nice car, You have to ask yourself.What do I plan to do with this car.What is my budget?If your not into hotrodding and want a nice mellow sound you can't beat the summit mufflers at around 30 bucks each. I've used them on plenty of cars.If you plan to do more to the engine you may want to think about Headers.TTI is a great choise.But for a driver, manifolds and a good exhaust system 2 1/2 to the rear bumper.Check around your area for a shop that bends their own.The guy that we used out here allowed the "Bring your mufflers of choise" and he took care of the rest.Last job I had done suppling my own mufflers cost $250.I good guess will be in the $300 range. Or if you want to go with "Do it yourself". Summitt or Jegs may be the way to go.TTI and Accurate LTD may have better fit at a higher price of course.They too have systems for the stock manifolds.

I've seen some nice locally bent exhaust systems but the the prices are high around here. Just as much as the TTI exhaust but not mandrel bent. I'm not going racing and not planning major engine work. I not really commited to putting headers on at all but i want the car to sound good and if the headers will make a worth while performance difference I could stretch the budget.

TTIs to summit or jegs dual 2.5 in kit dont fit without custom head pipe from the headers to the pipes. Cause the kit is made for hooker headers. But I am usin this in my 74 Swinger and it was in there before and sounded awesome and almost no drone.
I would do an H pipe for ease of install not gonna make a difference on a street car

I want an exhaust that fits well and is easy to install. I don't want to fight with it or take it to an exhaust shop to have it rebent just to get it on the car.

I want an exhaust that fits well and is easy to install. I don't want to fight with it or take it to an exhaust shop to have it rebent just to get it on the car.

From mufflers back it fits awesome just need to have a 2 foot section from headers to pipes to have it fit perfect the kit is nice for the price

Fits well and easy to install. TTI's with Headers on a B body just for refference.

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 209
Darter6 is that TTI's exhaust or Summit??

I have a '73 Dart Sport with a 408 stroker. I went with the TTi step headers and 2 1/2" exhaust into Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. I hated it. The rapping noise and it was way loud. I went to true 3" rolled pipe into Flowmaster 40 series and added an H pipe. No more rapping, and I can talk to someone when driving. When I get on it, it draws attention. I love my set up now.

Tech857, Yes, it said TTI's in the post. Not cheap but it will be the last exhaust system you will ever need. Even in the rust belt.They also make them for stock exhaust manifolds.Even easier with manifolds.

-
Back