recommendation oil pressure switch

-

plymouth4onthefloor

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality oil pressure switch, i used two times a standard product and both made trouble ( they last each for 2 years ).
Thanks for any recommendation!

Borg Warner from O'rielly's, I have had good luck with there products.

Often if these leak it is because you damaged the crimp when installing.........too tight, or not the proper socket. I admit.........I don't use the tool, either, I just try not to tighten them much. Use thread sealer, and snug them up

I have some nos autopar (Canadian MOPR) ones if you can shoot me a picture since I don't have a book on them.

I agree, they don't need to be tightened like you're holding down an ocean liner.
I had one stop working for me on a 79 300 w/a 360. It never leaked, just read 0 oil pressure. It turned out a PO had wrapped the pipe threads carelessly with Teflon tape, and a booger of Teflon tape unwound and covered up the hole so no oil was getting to the diaphragm. Removed tape, rewound it in the correct direction holding the tape back a few threads from the end, then reinstalled. problem solved. Whew! I was sure glad I didn't really have 0 oil pressure.

Often if these leak it is because you damaged the crimp when installing.........too tight, or not the proper socket. I admit.........I don't use the tool, either, I just try not to tighten them much. Use thread sealer, and snug them up
there was no leaking, the tread is cone thread, so i torque them really gently

I agree, they don't need to be tightened like you're holding down an ocean liner.
I had one stop working for me on a 79 300 w/a 360. It never leaked, just read 0 oil pressure. It turned out a PO had wrapped the pipe threads carelessly with Teflon tape, and a booger of Teflon tape unwound and covered up the hole so no oil was getting to the diaphragm. Removed tape, rewound it in the correct direction holding the tape back a few threads from the end, then reinstalled. problem solved. Whew! I was sure glad I didn't really have 0 oil pressure.

they have a sealer coated to the thread, so i don't use teflon tape!

-
Back