recommendation on a clutch set up

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
recommendation on a clutch set up

Looking for opinions on a clutch set up for my Duster Street car. Will go to the track once a year

70 Duster 340 4 speed stroke 379 crank 10.2 compression w2 slightly ported flow 290, solid roller 4.10 gears, might go to a 3.55 see what happens.

I was thinking Centerforce DF269739 dual friction, Before I order one wanted to see what you people are using and like

or McLeod#673-75209

thanks

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 393
The CenterForce is whay I call the "dump truck" clutch. I can tell you that in 2015 (almost 2016) there is no reason to not run a McLeod Sof-Lok clutch. You can get them at Summit for about $1600.00, and I know that sounds like a lot. But it will save you thousands more in broken parts. And whatever you do, use an aluminum flywheel. It's all in the McLeod kit. You'll get an adjustable pressure plate, sintered iron disc and the aluminum FW. It's 100% STREETABLE.

If you already have the aluminum FW you can get by for less. The disc is about $200.00.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you have to buy it all. You can't run an 11 inch Long PP on the 130 tooth FW. So you have to buy the whole thing. There is really no way to do it for less, unless you want to try and run a Borg&Beck/Long style cover (that's what I do, but it's more involved here.

PM me and I can give you the details.

Anything else is just wasting time and breaking parts.

Trust me, been there, done that.

The CenterForce is whay I call the "dump truck" clutch. I can tell you that in 2015 (almost 2016) there is no reason to not run a McLeod Sof-Lok clutch. You can get them at Summit for about $1600.00, and I know that sounds like a lot. But it will save you thousands more in broken parts. And whatever you do, use an aluminum flywheel. It's all in the McLeod kit. You'll get an adjustable pressure plate, sintered iron disc and the aluminum FW. It's 100% STREETABLE.

If you already have the aluminum FW you can get by for less. The disc is about $200.00.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you have to buy it all. You can't run an 11 inch Long PP on the 130 tooth FW. So you have to buy the whole thing. There is really no way to do it for less, unless you want to try and run a Borg&Beck/Long style cover (that's what I do, but it's more involved here.

PM me and I can give you the details.

Anything else is just wasting time and breaking parts.

Trust me, been there, done that.

That is a sick set up. Only comes in 18 spine trans. 1800.00 was the cheapest I could find, but it will not work for me. thanks

Zoom is still made in USA FWIW.

I have the centerforce and it's been good for me.

I have the centerforce and it's been good for me.

whats your set up

I used one (center force 2)on my old motor just over stock worked good, but sure I need better than that one.

I also want a nice pedal not something that I am not going to want to drive for a while. Nice easy pedal that works awesome.

I would go with the Centerforce Dual Friction.
Check out my build thread for more details.........

I have a Centerforce Dual Friction just like that. No over center spring on there, clutch isn't too stiff, holding back a 470hp engine, and after some miles on it, no chatter or anything. Can even launch smoothly. I'd recommend it.

I found the CFII engagement a little too rough for my 62 year old butt. The pp is the last one you might ever buy( seems to last forever; or 100,000 miles and still going strong). I also find that the flyweights seem to stick from time to time, requiring a few blips of the throttle to return to a non-vibratory state. The weights all slide on a common wire ring, so I don't know how that's possible, and it hasn't been annoying enough to check into.
The CF-disc can take a lot of abuse tho.....
I prefer the factory 340 disc for street duty tho. They don't last that long until they spit the hub-springs out of the pockets.Maybe 30,000 miles, at most.

I am going with McLeod#673-75238

Should I go with pilot bushing or pilot bearing?

Bushing, way more reliable, less parts to go bad.

Centerforce Dual Friction with no spring over the pedal. Never had a problem.

McLeod is good stuff, It's what I run and my dad has used a lot of their stuff in the past with great success.

I had a Dual friction II in my Mustang and I didn't care for it. the Kevlar needs to be hot to grab so it would slip a lot until it heated up.

I got a full circle ceramic kit from American Powertrain, holds up to 780 ftlbs.

-
Back