Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Nice to see another LS powered a-body post some results. I'm curious, how much boost are you running? What fuel(pump/e85/racegas)? What stall converter speed are you running?
i have 3k stall converter in it right now, 3.55 gears, stock gearing in the th400 with a trans brake. i was running i think 87 octane on the pass and running off wastegate pressure of 14 psi. but it was coming in all at once. Ill be getting one of the motion race works co2 boost control kits as well. it should all come together nicely with a little bigger tire thanks to the minitub and a full dyno tuning session. times should be much better than they are right now. i was essentially ice skating all over the track anytime i went full throttle, and the 12.0 pass was about 1/2-3/4 throttle so that i would break it loose again

Whoa, hold the phone. Did I read that right? 87 octane on 14psi? If so I think it would be pulling about 20 degrees of knock retard because that thing should have been rattling it’s brains out. Are you data logging knock retard counts?

93 octane sorry.
Whoa, hold the phone. Did I read that right? 87 octane on 14psi? If so I think it would be pulling about 20 degrees of knock retard because that thing should have been rattling it’s brains out. Are you data logging knock retard counts?
93. i run 87 in my truck 93 in the dart

You had me worried for a second. My opinion only, but you are close to the limits of what pump gas can do, even 93 octane. We get crappy 91 here in Cali and you’re lucky to get have 93 but I think you should be cautious with your tune. It looks like you have the parts to make 750-800 hp and boost is contagious. If your turbos are in their 70% efficiency window or higher and you have a good intercooler setup it makes things better. I’ll say it again, nice job on the entire car. Looks great.

Thanks alot. I'll be adding the co2 boost control and it will be on the dyno soon for a fine tune session. I'm also building a 6.0 on the side with forged internals for more reliable power and better strength compared to this stock bottom end motor.

Here is the front end I plan to switch over too. With some viking coilovers most like up front and then ladder bars and viking coilovers out back as well.

received_435082517325427.jpeg

i have 3k stall converter in it right now, 3.55 gears, stock gearing in the th400 with a trans brake. i was running i think 87 octane on the pass and running off wastegate pressure of 14 psi. but it was coming in all at once. Ill be getting one of the motion race works co2 boost control kits as well. it should all come together nicely with a little bigger tire thanks to the minitub and a full dyno tuning session. times should be much better than they are right now. i was essentially ice skating all over the track anytime i went full throttle, and the 12.0 pass was about 1/2-3/4 throttle so that i would break it loose again

Cool, thanks for the info. Love the car. You might want to mess around in the holley EFI setup and get a 2-step rev limiter enabled with the transbrake. It sounds like the car is leaving the line on pretty much 0 PSI of boost. I would imagine you were around a 2.0-2.1 60-foot time at the track, so this is where you can make your biggest improvement(and its basically free!). I would highly recommend using a laptop(instead of the handheld touchscreen) to connect to the Holley EFI(I'm using it too). It may seem daunting at first, but there is a huge amount on knowledge available on the Holley EFI forum. There is a TON of stuff you can do with it and the more of the features you use, the better deal it is.

It's been a little quiet lately. But that doesnt mean things havent been going on.

I've sold the hotchkis shocks and basically my entire hotchkis TVs kit, minus the rear leafs(because I need them to get it to the chassis shop, and my upper control arms because I need them on the new setup).

Tory Shellehamer is fabbing up my new front suspension, and my chassis guy Mike balf will be doing my minitub, ladder bar setup, and cage.

Shocks have been sent out to their new owner and the rest will be removed this weekend for their new owner to pickup next weekend.

In the mean time I've ordered all these parts(engine internals, qa1 coilovers for the front, and the rack n pinion for the front). The new motor will be a. 30 over 6.0L ls1, with all the forged internals and boost to follow 1000whp shouldnt be out of reach in the slightest.

I've also included a few pictures of the kind of ladder bar setup I'll be running out back. Cant wait to get it all done and to hit the track. Should be a hell of a car after

Screenshot_20191220-151513_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20191220-181414_Chrome.jpg

FB_IMG_1576886801290.jpg

FB_IMG_1576886804842.jpg

FB_IMG_1576886809701.jpg

FB_IMG_1576886814229.jpg

Picked up my crankshaft from Magnum Machine yesterday after it was finished being balanced.

Then I got my .30 over 6.0 block and 317 heads out today and proceed to strip clean and paint them.

I also cut the coil mounting tabs off a set of extra valve covers, sanded them smooth, sandblasted them, got a 10an fitting welded to one of them for the catch can setup o ceiling the new motor is in, and did a little body work on them to get rid of the factory ls1 dips in the valve covers.

Got everything cleaned up and painted mopar blue(yes its mopar blue not carolina blue like It looks with the flash on).

Will be starting internal assembly this week, as well as doing some hydrodipping on the valve covers and upper intake plenum.

Also got my 350lb springs in the mail from QA1 so I could complete the qa1 coilovers.

20200104_143544.jpg

20200104_172425.jpg

20200104_174952.jpg

20200104_200502.jpg

20200104_214403.jpg

20200102_185154.jpg

Well last night i did a test run with a random tool I had in the garage tire since my initial test didnt go so well.

Then I moved to the valve covers. Pretty happy with how they turned out on my first larger objects.

20200114_212007.jpg

20200114_212016.jpg

20200114_212018.jpg

20200114_221244.jpg

Bee. Pretty busy lately. More parts coming in, more still to come.

The Tory Shellehamer k member Is off to powder coat. Will be on the way to me next week.

Got the new engine painted, Intake repainted(flash makes it look different. But It is definitely Chrysler blue)and some other goodies touched up. Gotta get the looks together so we can start internal assembly. Also got the new summit harmonic balancer in the mail.

123_1(12).jpeg

Screenshot_20200115-195938_Gallery.jpg

20200119_195851.jpg

Thank you, that helps me a lot. I'm a bigger guy (6'4" 285) so I will have to see what the biggest NRG seat is.
You can google the chart and it will have As widths, heights, and everything on there for all their model seats.

gotta tell you, i didnt like the carbon fibre wrapped valve covers
but once you got it on the engine, it looks purdee cool

gotta tell you, i didnt like the carbon fibre wrapped valve covers
but once you got it on the engine, it looks purdee cool
Thanks alot man. I'm going to reapray the valve cover bolts black. I think the Chrysler blue clashes too much. And basically all the rest of my hardware is black so it makes more sense. I definitely discovered the Chrysler blue comes in two shades, one being chrysler blue, the other looking more like Carolina blue. So I ended up having to respray and redip the valve covers to make sure they matched everything properly. Just dropped the block back off for assembly of the internals to start tomorrow.

-
Back