Redline Tires on a Red Car? What do y'all think?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about running some 'redline' tires on my newly-painted '69 Dart. The Dart is 'Viper Red' with a white butt stripe.
I'm wondering if the redline tires will be too much, or even noticed, against the bright red paint.
Either white-letter tires or redlines will be correct to the look of the period. I want to keep the period basic look even though I'm upgrading a lot of components.
Thoughts?

I think there are some people on here that could Photoshop the combo's for You. I don't know which would look the best, they all sound great.

When i restore my car, it will have to have a specific brand and size of redlines, the ONLY size and brand available. (I may say screw it, and put on what i want!).
I like redlines, but they are lots of bucks, and the modern white letters are better tires, and lots cheaper, especially if they have to be replaced for age, rather than being worn out.
If it was me, I'd go with the cooper or m/t white letters. (Mickeys are also made by Cooper.)

had uni-royal red lines tiger paws on my dark red met 66 ply sat as a kid , still think its a good look . going with them on my black 64 cuda .

upload_2021-3-3_23-45-10.jpeg

When i restore my car, it will have to have a specific brand and size of redlines, the ONLY size and brand available. (I may say screw it, and put on what i want!).
I like redlines, but they are lots of bucks, and the modern white letters are better tires, and lots cheaper, especially if they have to be replaced for age, rather than being worn out.
If it was me, I'd go with the cooper or m/t white letters. (Mickeys are also made by Cooper.)

Modern tires are available as 'redlines' from White Wall Tires & Custom Vintage Tires - Diamond Back Classic Tires

Check out the Nitto 555 Drag Radial Diamond Back Drag Radial - Customizable 15 Inch White Wall Tires

Cooper is Goodyear now.:(
I like the red lines but you have more selection and better prices with others as you stated.
My practical side says white letters....inside out.

-
Back