Reference pics and help needed for 69 340

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, recently there has been quite a few wants posted for pulleys/brackets etc. It got me to thinking I need to get rid of my extras, but before I do that I want to make sure I have what I need for my very very slow build. What I am asking for are pics of 69 340 with pulleys, brackets, alternator etc. I am going to go orig and factory with my 69 340 for now. When I bought my 340 it came with the alum water pump, alternator and brackets, as well as the 70 and up timing cover. I have an orig cast water pump and want to acquire the proper brackets and pulleys. Pics would help me out huge..

Thanks
4spdragtop

Steve, I think they were the same on all small blocks (69-older...273-318-340), no 340 only pulleys.

Hi all, recently there has been quite a few wants posted for pulleys/brackets etc. It got me to thinking I need to get rid of my extras, but before I do that I want to make sure I have what I need for my very very slow build. What I am asking for are pics of 69 340 with pulleys, brackets, alternator etc. I am going to go orig and factory with my 69 340 for now. When I bought my 340 it came with the alum water pump, alternator and brackets, as well as the 70 and up timing cover. I have an orig cast water pump and want to acquire the proper brackets and pulleys. Pics would help me out huge..

Thanks
4spdragtop

Steve,
Can you mock your motor up and get everything lined up prefectly? I am far from an expert on the pulleys but I have seen different diameter pulleys asked for depending if the car has AC. Power steering might make a difference too. I plan on dressing my motor while it is on the engine stand so there are no issues.

I can get you pictures of a non-ac 1969 Dart with a 318 that is 100% original. It might have power steering... I will have to look.

here is a factory cast water pump non-air set-up on my 67 318. the pulley is 2 3/4 deep. the double groove non-air crank pulley is the same for all our small blocks with the exception of the 2 offset balancer holes of which years im not sure of, but they will work with a little modifying of the holes if necessary. the cast aluminum water pump takes a 3" deep non-air pulley (bottom pic) to match the same crank pulley.

all small block and big block double groove crank pulleys are the same with the 2 offset holes being the only difference.

A/C pulleys are a whole different size and set up. generally the top pulley is smaller having one or two grooves and the crank pulley having 3 or 4 grooves all being the same sizes

Attachments

• pul1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 706
  • pul11.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 658
Hey Bill, my car and engine will be non everything LOL. Plus what 66340sedan said I believe all 69 small blocks were the same. My engine is on a stand in the shop, so Im doing the same thing, I just wanna mock up so I know everything is good and I can clear some space of my unused/unwanted pulleys and brackets....

Thanks 73abodee for the pics, so I guess I will need a spacer between the water pump and fan??

Hey Bill, my car and engine will be non everything LOL. Plus what 66340sedan said I believe all 69 small blocks were the same. My engine is on a stand in the shop, so Im doing the same thing, I just wanna mock up so I know everything is good and I can clear some space of my unused/unwanted pulleys and brackets....

Thanks 73abodee for the pics, so I guess I will need a spacer between the water pump and fan??

i used that spacer to get my fan as close to the radiator as possible (about 1") it will just depend on the radiator you use and which fan you use. that 67 318 came out of a 67 coronet and the radiator out of an 86 lebaron, so you will just have to play around with your spacing. im using a solid mount 7 blade fan

Steve, I think I have a lower crank pulley from a 68 318 that had power steering, let me know if you need it.

Does this help you out Steve.

[/attach]

Kenny

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 59.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 531
Hey Keith, Im checking on my crank pulley, when you can(no hurry) shoot me your email and we can exchange pics/dimensions.....OF THE PULLEY!! LOL

Hey Kenny thems pretty good pics, is that from a website?? can you post the link?? Thanks!!

Hey Kenny thems pretty good pics, is that from a website?? can you post the link?? Thanks!!

Steve: The first picture is of my car, I have many more.
The second picture I had on file for reference, no Idea where I got it.

Kenny

so thats where he's racking them all up LOL i was wondering where he spends all his FABO time hehehe

i cant even get Mr. Keith sir's attention from the blue stuff for even a few mins .....he is always too busy postin' blue to chat

Ok, just chkd my parts manual and a 69 318 and 340 are the same part #. A single groove is part# 2946732. A dbl groove 318 and 340 is 2463332.

The single groove crank pulley for 69 is the same for 273,318 and 340 part #1821411

Here is a picture of the correct pulleys for a non-AC 1969 small block with no power accessories. These are not being reproduced.

Attachments

• SmallBlockPullies.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 635
Thanks 340sfastback, where did you come up with those pics?? I would like to see a "front" view of the crank pulley. I have a crank pulley, but cant seem to get all the holes to line up. I believe I have to "oval" out one of the holes

Thanks
Steve

-
Back