Reilly Motorsports Alterkation Kit

-

Les Gibson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning all. As a winter project I'm planning on installing the Reilly Motorsports Alterkation front suspension kit on my 72 Dart bracket car. I looked at Hemi Denny's HDK kit, it's a little more expensive and I'm on a tight budget. Last winter I installed Wilwood disc brakes on all four corners. Does anyone here know if the Wilwood caliper mounting brackets that I used on the 73-76 disc brake spindles will bolt on to the spindles supplied with the Alterkation kit? Other than that everything looks like a straight forward bolt on process. Thank you.

I am not positive, but I think the Reilly kit uses spindles like the Mustang II. So I would think that they are different

They will not fit. Already looked into this before. Mustang II I was the setup when I checked 5 or so years ago.

So after receiving the info from those who have responded and doing some research on the Wilwood website it appears that I would only have to purchase the caliper mounting brackets for Mustang II spindles.

So after receiving the info from those who have responded and doing some research on the Wilwood website it appears that I would only have to purchase the caliper mounting brackets for Mustang II spindles.
....and the rustang II spindles.

Alright Les, I think it ought to be required for you to post you must post a pic of that badass dart of yours. I don't care if it is the same picture Everytime

Alright Les, I think it ought to be required for you to post you must post a pic of that badass dart of yours. I don't care if it is the same picture Everytime
Dart.jpg

Good morning all. As a winter project I'm planning on installing the Reilly Motorsports Alterkation front suspension kit on my 72 Dart bracket car. I looked at Hemi Denny's HDK kit, it's a little more expensive and I'm on a tight budget. Last winter I installed Wilwood disc brakes on all four corners. Does anyone here know if the Wilwood caliper mounting brackets that I used on the 73-76 disc brake spindles will bolt on to the spindles supplied with the Alterkation kit? Other than that everything looks like a straight forward bolt on process. Thank you.
I’m actually a little surprised the HemiDenny Kit costs more. That was always a big selling point was it being the more budget friendly between the Alterkation and the HDK.

now to your question, no you can’t use the same exact set from your 73-76 A body kit. However, you can contact wilwood and get the correct caliber brackets to bolt the calibers to the Mustang II spindles of the Alterkation. Most wilwood kits use the same calibers across multiple vehicles. May need the rotor hub swapped too as the mustang II bearing sizes are different

I’m actually a little surprised the HemiDenny Kit costs more. That was always a big selling point was it being the more budget friendly between the Alterkation and the HDK.

now to your question, no you can’t use the same exact set from your 73-76 A body kit. However, you can contact wilwood and get the correct caliber brackets to bolt the calibers to the Mustang II spindles of the Alterkation. Most wilwood kits use the same calibers across multiple vehicles. May need the rotor hub swapped too as the mustang II bearing sizes are different
Yes, that's what I've determined. New hubs, bearings and caliper brackets. Another almost $500 expense doing this swap.

Yes, that's what I've determined. New hubs, bearings and caliper brackets. Another almost $500 expense doing this swap.
Wow. I’m glad I went with Gerst, brakes were included in the price and was still cheaper than the others

Wow. I’m glad I went with Gerst, brakes were included in the price and was still cheaper than the others
Apparently Gerst was absorbed by QA1 and factoring in the cost of a brake system its about the same as the Hemi Denny and Alterkation kit with the added brake component costs.

AlterK is heavy. If you’re looking for street strip that might be the ticket. Personally I’d be contacting Tory Shellhamer (STR Chassis) and price his set up. Few heads up cars running it as well as a Drag Week winner.

AlterK is heavy. If you’re looking for street strip that might be the ticket. Personally I’d be contacting Tory Shellhamer (STR Chassis) and price his set up. Few heads up cars running it as well as a Drag Week winner.
thank you for the referral! Tory's kit is very reasonably priced.

-
Back