Relay panel

-

MOPAR SAVAGE

Reaction score
Wondering where guys are mounting relay panels and how yours look as I'm gearing up to start some wiring

Mine is a 67 fish w/273 if it matters. Simple piece mill relay enclosure is just above the frame rail near alternator, forward toward core support. Just a small stick of aluminum channel that relays mount to screwed to the inner fender and a plastic cover over it. Cover once was a glove box liner. Long nylon screws attached to the channel pass though holes in the cover. Plastic finger nuts w/ 3/8 threads came from a toilet seat.
Inside is a power distribution block ( I think it was listed for marine applications ) supplied by a 60 amp inline fuse from alternators batt' post. All are the same type bosch relays so interchangeable. The female plugs got the labels, hi beam, low beam, horn, A/C.
I did need to remove the swing arm piece of alt' bracket and shorten it 1 inch so the cover would come off,,, And of course coolant flowed from that bolt hole. LOL
I've never had to remove that cover. Maybe someday when adding electric fuel pump relay.
Not a great picture. May not be considered a great example either. Works for me.

relay box.JPG

-
Back