Relocating front brake lines

-

gm1236

Reaction score
I looking for some ideas on where to move the passenger side front brake line. I want to get it off the firewall. I’m thinking the front or back of the k member, what have you guys done?

I put mine behind the pinch weld at firewall then up the top of pass side rail.Instead of going under the frame rail and back up I went through the inner fender opening backside of shock tower.Heres a pic.There was clearance around it but slid a small piece of clear snowmobile fuel line over it before I double flared, just to be sure it didn't rub.

IMG_2688.JPG

'69 C-body ran along the front near the radiator. No reason you couldn't run it along the k-member, but I would make sure it wasn't in a place that could easily get damaged or would be in the way of a sway bar.

I put mine behind the pinch weld at firewall then up the top of pass side rail.Instead of going under the frame rail and back up I went through the inner fender opening backside of shock tower.Heres a pic.There was clearance around it but slid a small piece of clear snowmobile fuel line over it before I double flared, just to be sure it didn't rub.

View attachment 1715451418
I did the same,makes for a cleaner firewall.

-
Back