Was Don Cherry correct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Dusterdenovo

Contentedly Old School
Reaction score
Fellow Canadians:

Almost a year ago, Don Cherry was crucified by the Media and the usual gang of "do-gooders" over his remarks regarding concerns that a large percentage of the immigrant population failed to observe a proud Canadian tradition of wearing poppies in observance of Remembrance day.

IIRC Don's remarks were made on November 11, so of course the evidence had already 'evaporated'.

I urge everyone over the next 9 days to simply take a look around and see how accurate Don was when voicing his concerns.

This has been on my radar for decades actually, and I know the answer. And before anyone thinks about getting all butt-hurt over this post, this isn't about racism or intolerance - it's about free speech, and a guy's career being destroyed over political correctness.

Last edited:
He was right. But to ask an immigrant to wear that when it means nothing to him or her...may as well ask them to make the sign of the cross when entering a catholic church or bow to Buddha entering a temple. Immigrants today are not the people fleeing tyranny anymore of 1974 Vietnam or '77 Cambodia, But people just looking for a better life on the dole of the receiving countries tax base. They could care less where they end up as long as its better than where they came from or were kicked out of...which is not far from the truth alot of the time. Who's bright idea was it to put arid climate ( read that F'n desert) Somali's in cold *** Michigan??

But, if it wasnt for the soldiers’ sacrifices, canada wouldnt be the country it is today.its a matter of paying respect to the fallen soldiers, regardless of their nationality.

He was right. But to ask an immigrant to wear that when it means nothing to him or her...may as well ask them to make the sign of the cross when entering a catholic church or bow to Buddha entering a temple. Immigrants today are not the people fleeing tyranny anymore of 1974 Vietnam or '77 Cambodia, But people just looking for a better life on the dole of the receiving countries tax base. They could care less where they end up as long as its better than where they came from or were kicked out of...which is not far from the truth alot of the time. Who's bright idea was it to put arid climate ( read that F'n desert) Somali's in cold *** Michigan??

Largest Somali population is in MN. Michigan has a very large middle east population. Lebanese, Syrian etc.

Riddler

Exactly his point.
“You people” i think he referred to anyone that didnt drop a buck for a poppy. Every year, at least one. My buddy put every poppy on his sun visor in his old truck.

Everyone seems to get their panties in a knot over everything anymore.

I have come to realize it's acceptable on social media to label men as abusive and yadda yadda ya .... as soon as a women is labeled as a abusive it's the mans fault because he didnt cater to her.

Oh,I remember Him as Coach for the Bruins. He had a Nice Bull Terrier too!

Unfortunately for Don, the Communist Broadcasting Conglomerate is controlled by the feel-good libtards, and they get butt-hurt over every little thing. I did not always agree with everything that Don Cherry said, but I certainly respect his right to speak his mind.

ah...they've wanted him gone for a long time. His "old school" views did not project what management wanted and they saw an opportunity. Times are changing.

-
Back