Remote starter suggestions

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For ease of troubleshooting etc I want to get a push button remote starter. Nothing fancy, but dont want junk either.
Thanks

OTC 3650 is a dandy. Sold them for years. Not cheap but you don't want cheap.

1664662408507.png

You talking knives or razors now??:poke:
Sorry cant resist. I'll trade you 3 screwdrivers(your choice) and a 10mm socket for a remote starter.
I realize a screwdriver would work, but I want opinions on remote starters.
long straight blade
does not hurt a thing

sorry had you confused with 1969gts340 chugging instead of reving
thought he wanted to bump it over to check for dumping gas in carb honest mistake

sorry cant resist its not the space shuttle
pretty easy to make your own

ive had one that looks like the bosch one in the picture for decades. feels cheap but has always got the job done. i like the five foot lead on it. for what it does (jump the relay) i dont think it needs to be aerospace quality. your not really squeezing the trigger long enough to generate a great deal of heat usually.

and a screwdriver is fine if you dont mind arc marks on your tools, and dont need to be over at the passenger side while your using the screwdriver.

The one I use is nothing more than a cheap momentary switch, a couple alligator clips and some wire. There are many other items to spend the money on in my opinion.

Thanks CN, I saw that in my search. Bosch is a good name, but $19?? Makes me sceptical
I have one identical, only with a Sunpro label and red clip boots. Had mine for years, probably got it from Autozone and was not expensive Im certain. It’s a basic tool, you’ll do more damage to it or any other by letting the wires lay on your headers or from improper storage vs. it malfunctioning on its own due to quality. Screw the screwdriver method. How you gonna work the right side of engine or underneath?? And you also may leave burn/arc marks on perhaps your nice NOS starter relay studs trying to jump them. Proper tool and you can work both sides of car as well as underneath “solo” comfortably.

B263089C-8B94-4CAE-A685-D1C27927441C.jpeg

I built my own when I was about 14. I had a broken electric weedeater. I used the trigger grip and wire from the weedeater and soldered on some alligator clips.
As a punk kid I was really proud of that creation.

I would get that Bosch one. It looks like the exact same thing as the classic Sears one that I've used for years. No reason to spend high dollar on something like this.

Whichever one you choose, just be safe with it and don't hold it anywhere near the battery when you use it. I made that mistake when I was young, and KABOOMYOW'd a battery! Spent a few hours in the ER getting my eyes flushed out. :rolleyes::realcrazy:

-
Back