remote the right way?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Saw this and was wondering if its that easy. Drill and tap both small ports and plug the large inlet? Is the lower pipe plugged port a direct feed to the larger oil filter port?
8203631-fittings.jpg

Yes. It's easy. That's how I plumbed mine but I had a bad fitting and it leaked so I put the right angle adapter back on.

i did that to my first 340. works well, better than running everything though a screw on adapter.

p.s. i'm sure you know but i would ONLY do this if the block was torn down and i was going to scrub it clean after

i did that to my first 340. works well, better than running everything though a screw on adapter.

p.s. i'm sure you know but i would ONLY do this if the block was torn down and i was going to scrub it clean after

If you are very careful, and load the tap with very sticky grease you can tap those holes with out doing a complete disassemble. Use lots of grease in the flutes of the tap be careful and you can do it.

I have done that already too, use to have a Olberg filter on my face car that I could dissemble and clean. I would recommend, if you use a remote spin on oil filter, make you have the inlet and outlet lines on correctly. A friend put one on his Pontiac, had the lines backward, and ruined his engine.

Good to know, the block is sitting on a stand and can be back flushed easily via the large port. May be option if I can't find an oil plate as I already have the remote setup for chevy, Ill just ditch the chevy block piece.

if your going remote anyway, this is the way to do it

-
Back