Remy Gen III Hemi Starter on B/RB block

-
So, I don't know. Are they actually different from the Dakota/ RAM magnum style starters? Where do the .7 engines fit into the picture, AKA the 3.7 / 4.7 engines?

I ordered the Remy starter, I’ll report back with some pictures and info. I’m hoping it will drop in with the Hedman headers and save me from dinging the pipes more than necessary.

I ordered the Remy starter, I’ll report back with some pictures and info. I’m hoping it will drop in with the Hedman headers and save me from dinging the pipes more than necessary.
Can you tell us what you ordered? AKA link? That should answer the question, as the website should spec just what all it fits

EDIT never mind, found the part number also on rock auto "16054" rock says it fits thus, and since this is later than the pushrod magnums, I guess it would not fit them, "must fit" the 4.7/ 5.7 engines

DODGERAM 1500 PICKUP2005-2008
DODGERAM 2500 PICKUP2005-2008
DODGERAM 3500 PICKUP2005-2008

Can you tell us what you ordered? AKA link? That should answer the question, as the website should spec just what all it fits

EDIT never mind, found the part number also on rock auto "16054" rock says it fits thus, and since this is later than the pushrod magnums, I guess it would not fit them, "must fit" the 4.7/ 5.7 engines

DODGERAM 1500 PICKUP2005-2008
DODGERAM 2500 PICKUP2005-2008
DODGERAM 3500 PICKUP2005-2008

5.7 manual transmission only as far as I know. If you check the link I posted in my original post, this has already been done before on small blocks and the slant six. But I can’t find anyone who has done it with a big block, where the standard mini starter barely fits due to the contacts almost hitting the block.

Update: Absolutely does not fit, the motor axis comes into contact with the block before the starter is even close to the bell housing.

I was bummed because it easily slips in between the header tubes with the steering column out. I think if it was clock-able like the aftermarket ones are it would work.

But no sense in reinventing the wheel here. The reman is almost the same price as the aftermarket clock-able coaxial starter anyway.

I’m going to stick with the standard mini starter and just clearance the tube that it hits.

Update: Absolutely does not fit, the motor axis comes into contact with the block before the starter is even close to the bell housing.

I was bummed because it easily slips in between the header tubes with the steering column out. I think if it was clock-able like the aftermarket ones are it would work.

But no sense in reinventing the wheel here. The reman is almost the same price as the aftermarket clock-able coaxial starter anyway.

I’m going to stick with the standard mini starter and just clearance the tube that it hits.

I actually did it...

Check this out: my new "special" mini starter

-
Back