Repaint concerns

-

godscountry

Reaction score
My '69 Fastback 'Cuda needs assembled and painted. It's a factory white car but I'm thinking of painting it black cause I'm not really thinking white will look as good. It's an original 383 4 speed car with the two little hood scoops. What color do you guys like?

I personally like both colors on mopars. What color is the interior? I’m leaning more towards black for fastback barracuda.

I agree that it it would look good black.
It will be worth more white. It should have black stripes on the hood with those scoops and black out at the bottom of the fenders and rockers and doors. That will set off the black interior.
It's your car, your call though.

I agree that it it would look good black.
It will be worth more white. It should have black stripes on the hood with those scoops and black out at the bottom of the fenders and rockers and doors. That will set off the black interior.
It's your car, your call though.
It's got A57 on the fender tag, what does that mean?

If it is originally white, keep it white. Heres my 69 Slickback originally white, and still is, My interior is white, and red.
Dave

20180630_164956.jpg

Black looks fantastic IF the bodywork is flawless, and the car is maintained impeccably. Every damn thing shows up instantly though.
A white car with the stripes looks great too. I’d go with the white, especially if that’s the original color.
Now, if the car is pretty heavily modified, go with whatever floats your boat. honestly though, it is your car, your choice, I was just working through the same conundrum.

Had a friend in high school many moons ago with a BB 71 Cuda that was white with black stripes. Car was beyond beautiful. Dumbass didn't like it so he rattle canned the car black primer right over the beauty. I am all for keeping it original.

1) it's rare and IMO should be factory color and "lightly" modified (bolt ons) that can be easily reversed. 2) any color change doubles the material you need, and almost doubles the labor to complete the job. 3) choosing black will add approximately 40% more hours of labor to the job. or it the paint job will show everything they didn't get perfect.
All that being said - it's your car and wallet.

Hey You could have the hood "vinyl wrapped" black, and it is completely reversible and most likely a ton less then getting the hood painted. :)

Firewall is supposed to be body color. Think about what is involved in doing a correct colour change. Its a monumental task.

I agree changing from white to black would be a Monumental task. I have owned beautiful black cars and I've owned beautiful white cars I believe that car would be striking in white with the black interior. Plus I like to stay with original color when it's a good one and I believe that's a good one. Good luck

are we open to all mopar colors?
View attachment 1715472549
If its a original car and not starting over with a completely stripped to bare metal body. It is a must to keep the data plate color. If not the value is cut in half. Resale red and others is only true on GM and Ford where the under hood is originally black and the trunk is spatter paint. I stripped this car down to put the original paint back under the hood. The offeres have doubled on the car and its not even done

DSCN0008.JPG

DSCN1065.JPG

-
Back