Replace Edelbrock-9266?

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
My Edelbrock 1406 carburetor is being rebuilt by a friend. Do I need to replace the Edelbrock 9266 Heat Insulator Gasket?

Edelbrock-9266.jpg

This one has been on the engine since August of 2016:

9-12-21 Overhead View-cropped.jpg

It’s only two gaskets. What’s it cost like $10 to help prevent a vacuums leak?

It’s only two gaskets. What’s it cost like $10 to help prevent a vacuums leak?
That's a thick $25 insulating gasket. If the same carb is going back one i would be inclined to hit it with some carb cleaner and spruce it up. If a different carb was going back on I would replace it so you don't get leaks where it has been compressed and not lining up with a different carb. New thin gaskets either way. I have one of those under my AVS2 and it seemed to work well.

That's a thick $25 insulating gasket. If the same carb is going back one i would be inclined to hit it with some carb cleaner and spruce it up. If a different carb was going back on I would replace it so you don't get leaks where it has been compressed and not lining up with a different carb. New thin gaskets either way. I have one of those under my AVS2 and it seemed to work well.

Ah! Sorry. It looked like one of those plastic 1/4” black plastic spacers with a thin paper like gasket on either side. The rebuild kit should come with a new mounting gasket unless your buddy grabbed it.

Wait a minute- I call BS on a single gasket. Looking at the picture I see a plastic spacer and a thin gasket. I think either that’s not the right picture or you need to really look at the picture your using. The gasket “kit” with new studs may be $25 Either way change the gasket to prevent leaks, if you don’t that’s okay to. Have fun with that.

-
Back