Replacement manifolds for 360 in a 74 Duster?

-

Ashley P

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So we are at the point in our engine build where we are starting to put everything back together. Block has been painted, new water pump is here, manifold is being painted and then will be installed.

Big question for us is what exhaust manifolds to buy? We thought that these Dorman manifolds (Dorman Exhaust Manifolds 674-234 a 360 would work (pictured below), but I read somewhere that center dump manifolds wont work on 74 a-bodies. Doe anyone have a recommendation on replacement manifolds that will fit the 360 (4179930-360) but will also work on the body of our Duster??

Any help would be great!

RNB-674-234.jpg

It's an A body.. how about a set of 340 hp's and be done with it

Yes, earlier or later A Body 340 HP manifolds will be direct fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCF0158.JPG
any 1968-1976 340 360 manifolds will do , like these uncracked early 340 babys sold for $400.
manifold.JPG

DSCF0159.JPG

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So we are at the point in our engine build where we are starting to put everything back together. Block has been painted, new water pump is here, manifold is being painted and then will be installed.

Big question for us is what exhaust manifolds to buy? We thought that these Dorman manifolds (Dorman Exhaust Manifolds 674-234 a 360 would work (pictured below), but I read somewhere that center dump manifolds wont work on 74 a-bodies. Doe anyone have a recommendation on replacement manifolds that will fit the 360 (4179930-360) but will also work on the body of our Duster??

Any help would be great!

View attachment 1715486910
You're correct, the center dump manifolds don't work. (drivers side)

74 would use 3614368 LH, 3418623 RH. I would not be afraid of cracks on either. Then you can use 74 360 exhaust if that is how you want to go.

Would just be careful of expectations, seeing as these "new" units already have signs of rust, look very porous, have casting defects, and are missing the heat riser all together. Straightness of these repops will be important, otherwise it may result in exhaust leaks from the onset, and can end in cracking upon initial installation. Hopefully some members can provide you some direct personal experience with the product this vender is selling. Venders usually pick their "A" set to advertise with, who know if that is the case here, and maybe the rest are even worse.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 1.17.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 1.35.06 PM.png

Last edited:
mopar 4me where is the passenger side, u show 2 drivers. chinese crappy castings. old castings are easily checked for cracks . my bad , now I see a left and right

Last edited:
mopar 4me where is the passenger side, u show 2 drivers. chinese crappy castings. old castings are easily checked for cracks

Agreed, in-hand original casting can be checked easily, I have added the passenger side, the pics I included are directly off of the venders ebay link.

They are not mine, though I do have a few original HP sets both early and latter design if OP redecides to explore that rout.

Last edited:
The 72-76 340 / 360 a body manifolds are cheaper and more plentiful than the earlier ones, although they don’t perform as well. That is what I used as I didn’t want to spend the big money for the earlier ones.

Some use Jeep manifolds on the passenger side.

There are tons of threads on this subject, do a little searching.

The 72-76 340 / 360 a body manifolds are cheaper and more plentiful than the earlier ones, although they don’t perform as well. That is what I used as I didn’t want to spend the big money for the earlier ones.

Some use Jeep manifolds on the passenger side.

There are tons of threads on this subject, do a little searching.

Thanks for being so helpful.

i dont think there are any "direct bolt in"
im running dougs on mine, which would require a head pipe, simple enough

Don’t buy the headers that go around the steering linkage. The Hooker ones I had split above and below the steering linkage on the driver side. They will likely get smashed flat on the first bump.

Agreed, in-hand original casting can be checked easily, I have added the passenger side, the pics I included are directly off of the venders ebay link.

They are not mine, though I do have a few original HP sets both early and latter design if OP redecides to explore that rout.

Hey! I texted you yesterday to see if you would be willing to sell me the aforementioned manifolds...I hesitated initially because I couldn't make the trip to LA area and would have to ship them but it seems like you may be my best option. If you could give me a total estimate of cost and shipping to 94544. I'm the 408 # that texted yesterday if you prefer that route of communication.

Thanks again,
Ashley

-
Back