replacement seat track mounting bolts

-

moparfanatic56

Reaction score
Probably a long shot but is there anyplace out there to get replacement the mounting bolts for bucket seat tracks. These are the round head bolts that mount the tracks to the floor pan. Any help will be appreciated.

Any bolt can be snapped using a box wrench, just depends on the length of the wrench and the intelligence of the person pulling on it.:BangHead:

We have reproduced the correct style stud that was used for the E-Body applications. We are currently working to have the A & B-Body stud done in the near future. The E-Body style stud will work, but they are shorter in length as the E-Bodies did not use the seat spacers that are as found on the A and B-Body applications.

SeatStudA_2A.jpg

Original studs were swedged into the tracks so factory workers didn't have to go there with a wrench. I didn't want to go there with a wrench either. Allen hex key was easy enough. That is the bolt type I used where 2 studs were broken.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I had a set of tracks out of a F body that I was able to knock the bolt out of, now just have to figure out how to press it back in.

Today we assembled a pair of brand new re-popped seat tracks for 1970 A-body high back bucket seats. My associate and I are going for a full restoration on this 4 speed 340 car that had been in the hands of Frankenstein himself. We were missing the 4X hardware also for seat tracks to seat frame. Unable to find a 5/16-18 bolt with a reduced size head grade 8 or better , so we settled for header bolts which function perfectly and I have a TON of them saved from the last 4 decades ! Just don't tell nobody ...

20200104_160050_resized[1].jpg

20200104_160101_resized[1].jpg

Last edited:
We have just finished the stud this week and they will be sent out to be plated next week so that we will now have the correct length stud available. All of the current available pieces to my knowledge is the E-Body variety that we have been providing.

Man I was just going to post about this! How do you get the swagged studs out? And once removed how do I keep the new ones in?

-
Back