Replacing a plastic rear window

-

ConValiant64

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced a plastic rear window in a '64 Plymouth Valiant or any other early A body convertible? Just want to know the level of difficulty and the name/s any company that makes a reasonably priced quality product. Thanks.

Your friend in this endeavor will be your FSM. I followed the procedure step by step in installing a new top and plastic window in a 65 Coronet with no problems

The rear window or curtain is the first part to be installed so keep in mind the rear half of your top will need to be taken loose to access the window . The rear tack strip bolted in the car has to come loose then remove all tacks/staples taking the top and window loose , make note of where the top is positioned on then trim stick . Next remove the quarter seals and take the top loose in the quarters , this not always necessary but makes the job easier . The last thing to do is remove the wireon going across the top and the tacks/staples underneath , you need to replace the wireon . Move the loose top forward and this will expose the remaining tacks/staples holding the top of the window in place . I will tell you if your top has considerable age on it you may want to consider replacing in now since this process can be hard on old tops .

Your friend in this endeavor will be your FSM. I followed the procedure step by step in installing a new top and plastic window in a 65 Coronet with no problems
It's a '64 Valiant. The service manual-wherever it is-,probably resembles
The rear window or curtain is the first part to be installed so keep in mind the rear half of your top will need to be taken loose to access the window . The rear tack strip bolted in the car has to come loose then remove all tacks/staples taking the top and window loose , make note of where the top is positioned on then trim stick . Next remove the quarter seals and take the top loose in the quarters , this not always necessary but makes the job easier . The last thing to do is remove the wireon going across the top and the tacks/staples underneath , you need to replace the wireon . Move the loose top forward and this will expose the remaining tacks/staples holding the top of the window in place . I will tell you if your top has considerable age on it you may want to consider replacing in now since this process can be hard on old tops .
Thanks for the information, guys. Either of you know of a reputable company where I can purchase a curtain of good quality/reasonable price?

Fortunately that rear window is not a complicated piece and just about any manufacturer should have similar quality . Here are a few to consider , Electron , Robbins or EZ ON

-
Back