Reproduction 340 exhaust manifolds feedback

-

My68FormulaS

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the reproduction exhaust manifolds from Year One? I see very few used ones available, and don't want to wait a long time to redo my exhaust. Thanks

RH casting # 2863549
LH casting # 2863553

I dont know anyone that has bought a pair of them. I do see used one for sale pretty often though.

I used a 92-02 Magnum truck manifold on my '69 Barracuda (Passenger's side). They only cost $40-$60 on ebay. These won't fit on the driver's side with power steering so you'll have to bite the bullet and get a 340 driver's side like I did. But the money you save on the Mag truck manifold makes it much easier to buy the driver's side. The mag truck manifold has a 2 1/8" exit hole which is only 1/16" smaller than the 340. That's about as close as you're gonna get without spending a bunch of money. Kinda like this:

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-DODGE-318-360-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-53009376-RHS-1992-1999-T-5-13057-/160624201228?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=haVnR8rIiH6WWvxkLk5DEN4yiJo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-DODGE-318-360-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-53009376-RHS-1992-1999-T-5-13057-/160624201228?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=haVnR8rIiH6WWvxkLk5DEN4yiJo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/ame]

treblig

I cant speak for the 340 ones that Year One sells , I did recently buy a pir of the Year One hemi repro manifolds , they are nice parts and even have a date code casted into them from 1969 . They are also way more reasonable then alot of the used stuff out there

When reports of OEM cast manifolds cracking appear, it is usually after 3 or more years of regular use. 90 Chevy p/u 350 exhaust manifold is a good example.
If there is a fit and finish issue with these repops we would probably know about it by now. It might be a very long wait to learn they crack.

$600 ???

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/ae340

they pop up here on the site quite often and quite a bit cheaper than that. to me thats too much money. they don't come with the flapper set up and i didn't think they had casting numbers on them if that matters...

i don't know of anyone that has tried them. never saw any posts on any of the forums i'm on about them. thats probably a good thing..lol

for my 600 they would have to include heat riser and gaskets

I'd MUCH rather have a pair of good originals that have been through thousand of heat cycles. That way, they are seasoned and will likely never crack. Plus, you can certainly snag a pair for way less then 600. That's complete stupidity.

$600 ???

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/ae340

they pop up here on the site quite often and quite a bit cheaper than that. to me thats too much money. they don't come with the flapper set up and i didn't think they had casting numbers on them if that matters...

i don't know of anyone that has tried them. never saw any posts on any of the forums i'm on about them. thats probably a good thing..lol

The Hemi ones I bought came with the heat riser installed and the weight and spring in a bag along with the manifolds

i think you will need to get very lucky to find a pair of original 340 manifolds with a working heat riser that does not leak , every pair you see used has had the the heat riser removed or welded open . Currently Year One has the 340 manifolds for $559.00 and if they anything like the Hemi manifolds i bought they are well the money .

The Hemi ones I bought came with the heat riser installed and the weight and spring in a bag along with the manifolds

maybe the hemi ones do but i don't think the 340 ones. i remember when they first came out that was a big complaint. no flapper or casting numbers..

first place i saw those 340 manifolds available was http://www.accurateltd.com/ guess others are selling them now too.. here is another place selling them.. http://howellautomotive.com/340performanceexhaustmanifolds.aspx

Ive seen repops, not necessarily from Year One. And they stick out like a sore thumb. No heat riser and the #'s were stamped in them, not cast. Buy originals...I wouldnt buy anything from Year One unless there was no other option. Way too expensive and arrogant for me...

I have a set for 450 if you want a factory set

Thanks Steve,appreciate it! Looks like this set is going to South Carolina,flapper,spring, no leaks.

I'd MUCH rather have a pair of good originals that have been through thousand of heat cycles. That way, they are seasoned and will likely never crack. Plus, you can certainly snag a pair for way less then 600. That's complete stupidity.

All that I’m looking for is a good passenger side 340 manifold. 68-70 style.

All that I’m looking for is a good passenger side 340 manifold. 68-70 style.
If your trying to go all original you'll have to keep your eyes open because they do come up for sale once in a while. If you not worried about being all original go with the 96-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee passenger's manifold. it flows about the same as the 340 and is easier to hook up the down pipe!! Like the one in the top of this pic::

DSC04003.JPG

You can also find them cheap here:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Treblig

Thanks, I’ll keep looking. And keep me in mind if you see any. I did fin one with a broken off first bolt hole ear. But that’s been it.

I
Has anyone purchased the reproduction exhaust manifolds from Year One? I see very few used ones available, and don't want to wait a long time to redo my exhaust. Thanks

RH casting # 2863549
LH casting # 2863553
Know this post is old, but I purchased a set of these reproduction manifolds probably five years ago from YearOne, they were concourse reproductions however, the drivers side had a casting flaw that someone tried to fill with some kind of putty or filler. I contacted YearOne and they didn't have anymore in stock so I sent them back and bought a set of Doug's Headers. Anyway, I would still like to have a set of these repops but I don't believe anyone has them anymore.

I bought a set. Good quality. It’s true there is no heat riser or raised casting numbers. I’ve had them installed for two years no leaks or cracks. I had to have the surfaces machined.

-
Back