[FOR SALE] Reproduction Tail Light And Reverse Lenses 1965 Valiant or 1964 - 1965 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will other board members please give me your opinion?

Does a seller have the responsibility to make sure the package is delivered to the buyers door? The package is at the buyers local post office but he refuses to go get it. Does the buyer have any responsibility to retrieve the package once it has arrived?

Has the USPS ever done this to you by stating the delivery information was not updated? I have seen this message for when the package is at the office but they have also used it after the package was delivered.
You've already gotten my opinion. You're in the right. My PO branch is almost 30 miles away. I have had to go there many times to get a wayward package. I'm never interested in whose fault it is. As long as I end up with the package. Sometimes we miss a delivery, since we live in a rural area. Not all carriers know this route well as it's a VERY large zip code, so sometimes there's a slip up. I think it's ridiculous the buyer won't go to his local branch. The package is likely there.

You've already gotten my opinion. You're in the right. My PO branch is almost 30 miles away. I have had to go there many times to get a wayward package. I'm never interested in whose fault it is. As long as I end up with the package. Sometimes we miss a delivery, since we live in a rural area. Not all carriers know this route well as it's a VERY large zip code, so sometimes there's a slip up. I think it's ridiculous the buyer won't go to his local branch. The package is likely there.
What gets me is he admits the post office is looking into it, but he already filed a claim with Paypal before getting their answer. This is why I stopped selling on Ebay because of buyers like this. They complain they hadn't gotten it in 10 days when they knew it was coming from Mexico and Ebay/Paypal refunds the money. After the package arrived, Ebay says there is nothing I can do so I was out the parts and the money.

What gets me is he admits the post office is looking into it, but he already filed a claim with Paypal before getting their answer. This is why I stopped selling on Ebay because of buyers like this. They complain they hadn't gotten it in 10 days when they knew it was coming from Mexico and Ebay/Paypal refunds the money. After the package arrived, Ebay says there is nothing I can do so I was out the parts and the money.
I wish I knew what to say. I don't. I will tell you this. I'm paying down some outstanding debt at the moment, but when I am done, I am going to get a pair of 64 Valiant reverse lenses from you. They are the small square ones. It's gonna be a minute, though.

i'll be honest if they show up after the refund , i'll just pay again or send them back . i still have your paypal account info . and since the usps has an open case for the items , they will keep it open until resolved , and with post any activity on their end . mean while there lost and he should have insurance on that . i've shipped many items as far half way around the planet and insure any thing of value just in cases like this . in fact i just receive those long rams from badlilred79 , and items from many other members here , with the items insured just in case . and no posting service has missed getting the item to me , even if the package was damaged .

I wish I knew what to say. I don't. I will tell you this. I'm paying down some outstanding debt at the moment, but when I am done, I am going to get a pair of 64 Valiant reverse lenses from you. They are the small square ones. It's gonna be a minute, though.
Please let me know a little before you need them. Those don't come from my normal supplier so I have to make sure they are available. Thanks

i'll be honest if they show up after the refund , i'll just pay again or send them back . i still have your paypal account info . and since the usps has an open case for the items , they will keep it open until resolved , and with post any activity on their end . mean while there lost and he should have insurance on that . i've shipped many items as far half way around the planet and insure any thing of value just in cases like this . in fact i just receive those long rams from badlilred79 , and items from many other members here , with the items insured just in case . and no posting service has missed getting the item to me , even if the package was damaged .
So if you send it back and my post office doesn't deliver it to my house will you take responsibility for their actions, as you expect me to do with your post office, and pay me for the lenses? I don't think you would want to.

The problem with your attitude of filing the claim and work it out later it all the damage you do.

Paypal now thinks I am untrustworthy through no actions of mine.

Also, when you pay me Paypal send me the pesos at a certain exchange rate and when they give you a refund I have to buy back the dollars at a much higher rate, again through no action of mine.

You then came to this thread to try to destroy my reputation on this board because your local post office didn't deliver your package. The package is there at your local office, but you won't go get it.

If the package had moved again, there would have been the scan to the next destination.

I am waiting for the answer from Paypal and see what they do. Hopefully they will agree with me that you need to go get the package.

if they show and i have received the lenses i'll pay or send them back to you insured of course , not going to use the mexican postal service . i'd rather use usp or fedx . easier tracking .

your rep , all i've said was the truth . you want me to go hint down your shipment . just seams your shipping is not a 100% positive delivery . you should look into a different carrier . as i stated i've shipped and received many items from outside the USA boards with no issues .

I've bought from this member several times
Never a problem with product. Or shipping.
I don't care who the Carrier is they all have issues.
If he has proof he sent it,
and it's at your post office it's not the sellers fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back