Reproduction Window sticker?

-

mopardude70

Reaction score
Hi all,

When I first got my car, the original owner had saved all the paperwork including the original window sticker for it. It is very hard to read because of the type fading after many years. Is there any way to have a reproduction window sticker made?

You are fortunate to have what you have if it is an original.

Fake window stickers have been offered by unscrupulous sellers since at least the late 1970s.

They are easy to spot, so save your money for gas.

If you scan it you can play around with the contrast etc to get a more readable copy.

Save the originals and protect them. Reproductions are available and services that can fill them out properly. They are a fun item to display. My car has so many options that it has two Monroneys.

I agree with what Alaska_TA says to an extent. If you are trying to pass your car off as something it isn't for monetary gain, then that is dishonest and unscrupulous. However, if you have the badly faded original and want a reproduction for car show purposes, then go for it. You just need to be honest and tell people that this is not the original if asked. I have a non matching numbers 69 Barracuda FB that I added disk brakes and AC to, and I converted it from an automatic to a four speed. I bought a blank window sticker and made one up to match the car as it is today JUST FOR FUN at car shows. People love it. I am always quick to say, brag a bit in fact, that I did the disk brake conversion, AC install and auto to 4 speed swap by myself. I don't think it is any worse than painting a car a different color and adding factory stripes the car did not come with.

Idk but Maybe someone here knows of a place that makes reproductions to copy your original.

Do not put a reproduction sheet back under the seat. Why? Who are you trying to fool? This smacks of dishonesty. Be honest, have fun.

I'm the 2nd owner of this car for its whole life. The prior owner kept all the papers in a binder such as the owner's manual, dealer receipt, registrations, insurance cards, and the original window sticker. I'm thinking of scanning it on my printer like what Dana67Dart suggested and probably laminate it as well so it doesn't get more damage than it already has.

Back to the OPs original question?
He is not asking about falsifying a Fender tag.
He wants a fresh looking build sheet with the options it was bought with.

Nah I'm not faking a car for high resale. ( I have a real deal H code swinger and can spot a clone from at least 10 feet away...,well maybe not that close LOL!) The stuff was out there all anyone had to do was Google it.

Sure, a quick searched turned this up. Looks authentic and fairly inexpensive maybe 50 bucks...

Home - Triple A Enterprises

even found the build sheets...on this site bottom right sorner:

Moparts on the Web - Tech Index

I'm familiar with Triple A enterprises. I appreciate the effort though. They have an option for Duster but that's for the 1971 model year, I have a 1970. I'm probably going to laminate the car's original window sticker just to protect it and end it there.

I'm familiar with Triple A enterprises. I appreciate the effort though. They have an option for Duster but that's for the 1971 model year, I have a 1970. I'm probably going to laminate the car's original window sticker just to protect it and end it there.
Probably the best call, that way its "all original" ...for those who care. Usually things like that are called out by lowballers. it all depends on wht you are doing, unless the car is original survivor it almost doesnt matter those are the ones that are worth the most, the second would be the Barrett jackson restorations, and well thats an auction you dont know how much the car will fetch...my car will never be either, Mine is going to be a driver...in the end it doesnt matter what it sells for have fun with yours... :)

-
Back