Rescued a slant today

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got this from a old guy that told me he had this engine hanging from a tree by a rope for over 8 years. Had a newly rebuilt trans at the time he str
20181005_172338.jpg
20181005_172359.jpg
ung it up. Needless to say the engine is seized up. But the trans spins on both ends , haven't checked inside.Looks like about all I can salvage is some pulleys, brackets and maybe the pan. Not sure what year it is but it has the peanut head which I believe has a hydrolic lifters? he said it came out of Aspen. Is the head worth saving or anything else for that matter? Was hoping it had the 2 barrel intake but didn't. Cant believe that rope lasted 8 years.

Put it up in the part out area sure members need something from it! Guys are always looking for non cracked exhaust manifolds.

Absolutely, in agreement ....both posts.... I did no maintenance on a unknown/6 ... it got 19 -23 m.p.g. , and would run on lacquer reducer...

Sweet engineering.

Can't tell from the valve cover, but if it is like the common slants, the peanut head is solid lifter. Make sure you save it, they have hardened seats for unleaded fuel. Also easy spark plug selection. Electronic distributor also.

Put it up in the part out area sure members need something from it! Guys are always looking for non cracked exhaust manifolds.

There's a place in Michigan that sells new slant 6 exhaust manifolds for under $200...

I kept finding old cracked ones and this was a better route....

They had it to my front door in 3 days for under $200 after telling me that they "were out of stock and would ship direct from manufacturer"....

Silver Seal Products

Address: 19224 Allen Rd, Brownstown Charter Twp, MI 48183

Phone: (734) 479-2255

I got this from a old guy that told me he had this engine hanging from a tree by a rope for over 8 years. Had a newly rebuilt trans at the time he strView attachment 1715231731 View attachment 1715231732 ung it up. Needless to say the engine is seized up. But the trans spins on both ends , haven't checked inside.Looks like about all I can salvage is some pulleys, brackets and maybe the pan. Not sure what year it is but it has the peanut head which I believe has a hydrolic lifters? he said it came out of Aspen. Is the head worth saving or anything else for that matter? Was hoping it had the 2 barrel intake but didn't. Cant believe that rope lasted 8 years.

Way to go...

I agree about the rope lasting that long... :wtf:

If anyone can Tell me what year this engine is , the # on the block is 8 225 R 1 2 F. Also if anyone needs anything off this before it goes to the pile P/M me. It has adjustable rockers (crusty and rusty but will clean up) pistons are seized in block but crank looks saveable. Peanut head looks useable. cam is ok. timing cover ok. Intake and exhaust look good no cracks and the flapper if free moving. Exhaust manifold $20, anything else is $10 or less + shipping.

20181005_172359.jpg

Keep the oil pump n cam...
You can get it reground cheap..n you want the matched oil pump gear with it...

I would get that freed up. If it;s not froze cracked it would be a good core. Probably cast crank engine which is desirable because the crank is lighter.

Too bad he didn't hang it upside down. I think it wouldn't have filled the cylinders with water that way, if the oil pan gasket sealed. Best thing about keeping a slant is that replacement engines and transmissions are often free.

Too bad he didn't hang it upside down. I think it wouldn't have filled the cylinders with water that way, if the oil pan gasket sealed. Best thing about keeping a slant is that replacement engines and transmissions are often free.
To the guy selling the slant parts, about where are you located?

-
Back