Rest in Peace Gord Downie

-
Saw them once in Seattle , been one of my favorites since early 90's . Definitely will be cranking "The Hip" in the shop tonight . Rest in peace Gord Downie

Seen the Hip three times in Buffalo.

One time the skys open up with monsoon rain chasing the band off. Gordie came out with just a guitar player. It was awesome.

He will be missed by all of Buffalo, NY as well

Rip,Gord.
My favorite radio station has been hip all day. Howard Mandshein (radio celebrity)knew Gord and was doing a feature if he can pull himself together. Lots of call-ins. Was/is a great tribute.

Last edited:
Lots of great songs telling stories. 1st time I saw them was in 85 or 86 at Molson Amphitheater in Toronto when they were 1st starting out. A couple years later at the Horseshoe Tavern on my birthday in Toronto. Diagnosed with brain cancer 2 years ago, but always thought he would beat it. Still shocked.

Listening to the radio now. They've been playing Tragically Hip songs all day.
Fiddler's Green is on. Amazing song.
D.J. says it's the most requested song tonight.

Doing midnights at the water plant on my own. Got Gord playing thru the PA system LOL. Youtube is great!
A truly great Canadian band telling great Canadian stories.

Listening to the radio now. They've been playing Tragically Hip songs all day.
Fiddler's Green is on. Amazing song.
D.J. says it's the most requested song tonight.

I saw that on Boobtube. I'll give it a listen. I was hoping there was old footage of the Molson Amphitheater, come to think of it, it may have been called "Ontario Place Forum" back then?? In Toronto at Ontario place. The stage revolved then, pretty cool. Sat up in the grass on the hill smoking "left-handers" all night long LOL
This is the song that got me hooked 30 years ago. Memories

I believe radio stations Canada wide are paying tribute and have been all day. I have listened to a few different stations today and everyone is talking about Gord Downie. He really is a Canadian music legend.

Last edited:
Steve, check out this Hip concert on Youtube. The Tragically hip Live At The Misty Moon 1990

Gord's voice is so amazing in this show.

I've been to the Moon a few times the Misty Moon that is ... in the late 80's early 90's .

R.I.P.

That article was a good read! Thanks for posting.

Sadly the Tragically Hip front man Gord Downie passed away today. Saw them several times and they were awesome. For those of you who don't know The Tragically Hip was one of Canada's greatest bands.
The Tragically Hip: 10 Essential Songs For those who are not familiar with their music.

Knew this day was coming but that doesn't make it any less of a shock to know that Gord Downie is gone.The Hip's music will live on,though.This is one of my personal faves with a Mopar cameo thrown in.

Yes sad day, music brings us all together ,listen and remember all the good left in the world!

Got introduced to the Hip in college around 1998 and saw them once live at Northern Lights in Clifton Park (now Upstate Concert Hall) Great show. Sad to see him go.

-
Back