Resto Street Muscle Hot Rod Mod

-

1BAD72

Reaction score
When I'm showing my Duster at car shows I'm almost always asked if my car is "original". I'm guessing the "440" on the side tape stripes and hood isn't telling enough. People have referred to it as "hot rod", "street rod", "resto mod", "muscle mod", etc.
So my question is what do YOU classify an old 70's car that you shoe-horned a big block into and added a bunch of performance mods?

FB_IMG_1526963459172.jpg

FB_IMG_1526963433507.jpg

Oh God this is a painful one for me too because I like to contribute to their car show financially but I'm sure not looking for any votes for trophy recognition or anything like that. And I certainly only have the patience for an hour or two not three or five. I filled up the last form under "class" I put Lots! LOL the old lady caught me and made me put muscle car LOL so that's how I do it..

Oh God this is a painful one for me too because I like to contribute to their car show financially but I'm sure not looking for any votes for trophy recognition or anything like that. And I certainly only have the patience for an hour or two not three or five. I filled up the last form under "class" I put Lots! LOL the old lady caught me and made me put muscle car LOL so that's how I do it..
The last show I won I got the "Best Dodge in Show" trophy. Um... it's a Plymouth.

All of those terms, save the last one, I have heard before and all mean the same to me to a large degree. Yup! There is a difference but small.

Looking at your car, largely I would classify it as a “Festo Mod” because it looks like a restoration but modded with small ques that should be telling except many people have no clue on what is and isn’t stock. Don’t hate or get pissed or even make fun of them because they just simply don’t know.
Have mercy, educate if there willing to listen.

Hot rods are more street strip looking cars but not Necessarily race ready.
Street rod is more of an older car pre ‘50’s-ish area down to 1920 type high boys and such American graffiti or happy days type hot rods. They are real hot rods, the first generation hot rods. But the same thing basically applies. Plenty a go fast go to ease bigger tires cool mods cool lead on this. Etc. etc. Cetra

I think I'll take my Dragstrip window marker and write "I paid the entry fee and please don't judge my car, just enjoy it I do" on the windshield?

I just get annoyed by the “Resto Nazi’s” that have Diarrhea of the mouth.

I guess it's a resto mod.......but if it was mine, I would just call it "the Duster".

i think the wheels are to classy to be a restomod
besides, you used the term shoehorn
shoehorn is musclecar

When I'm showing my Duster at car shows I'm almost always asked if my car is "original". I'm guessing the "440" on the side tape stripes and hood isn't telling enough. People have referred to it as "hot rod", "street rod", "resto mod", "muscle mod", etc.
So my question is what do YOU classify an old 70's car that you shoe-horned a big block into and added a bunch of performance mods?

View attachment 1715178503

View attachment 1715178504
I`d say restomod . Nice looking car!

That is a tough one since those mean different things to everyone. Beautiful car by the way, great job on it.
I'd go with resto mod too

I used to say it was a restomod but recently I was contradicted on that too because a restomod is defined as an older car like mine that has received modern mods and upgrades like dropping in a new 5.9L Hemi or installing a modern day chassis to give the car modern day comfort and reliability. Nothing modern on mine except maybe the A/C compressor.

My Barracuda looks stock to the non-Mopar crowd but any Mopar guy will recognize it as a Barracuda street rod.
Some may call it a resto-mod but that's what I called my Comet and I am not fond of the term.
I would call your car a street rod. A very dangerous street rod-----------------:)

Restoration + modification is shortened to “Restomod.” And IMO, it is the same as a “Hot rod.” Which may not be restored.

A resto mod need not have a modern engine or anything else.

Wherever you place it it is a beauty. I would consider it as a "modified" Most car shows have a "Mopar Modified" class so that hot rods don't end up with the Restored cars. That's where I usually put my Swinger. Did I say yet that your car is georgeous!

Wherever you place it it is a beauty. I would consider it as a "modified" Most car shows have a "Mopar Modified" class so that hot rods don't end up with the Restored cars. That's where I usually put my Swinger. Did I say yet that your car is georgeous!
4 wheel disc brakes, fuel inj., restored= restomod to me. Just because it has a 505" engine ,yada yada yada, guess its a hotrod ????????

I think we need a new term...”Resto Rod”

A car that’s restored, but uses vintage style performance equipment to beef it up.

I used to say it was a restomod but recently I was contradicted on that too because a restomod is defined as an older car like mine that has received modern mods and upgrades like dropping in a new 5.9L Hemi or installing a modern day chassis to give the car modern day comfort and reliability. Nothing modern on mine except maybe the A/C compressor.

Yeah, those 5.9 Hemi’s will really modernize a car, but their kind of hard to find.

I think we need a new term...”Resto Rod”

A car that’s restored, but uses vintage style performance equipment to beef it up.
That is what I hear people call a “Day2 build.”

-
Back