restoration guide?

-
No "guide" that I'm aware of. Just research what's original and go with that or go with what you like. As a car with four wheels- what is safe? Engine should be reliable, brakes should stop, front end should be tight and handle well, good tires. Good looks, high performance engines come last. Where do you want to go?

None of these cars were built exactly the same way in every single detail ever.

That said, I have not seen any printed 'guide' yet that is accurate.

The best reference for restoration details about your car, is actually your car.

It was there when it was built, before the 'guides' were written, so study it and learn all you can?

Better than any other possible 'guide' is the one you have right in front of you.

The FSM (factory service manual) is your friend. I used that and YouTube to see how it's done. 65'

I agree with alaskanTA. Fsm helps but the best guide is in front of you. Take tons of photos before during and after assembly. Those pictures become a reference for location fitment etc. Plus when your done you have documents you can always look back at. This is exactly how i did it.

I agree with alaskanTA. Fsm helps but the best guide is in front of you. Take tons of photos before during and after assembly. Those pictures become a reference for location fitment etc. Plus when your done you have documents you can always look back at. This is exactly how i did it.
when my son bought the car it was partially disassembled parts in boxes and in trunk.
I have been in the automotive business since 1977
I know my way around. its a 1975 duster factory sunroof, 360 and it might very well be a numbers matching car. I have uaed the guides for B and E bodies nice for little stuff that isnt listed in the manuals like options and part numbers

Honestly this website is gonna be your go to. People on here are awesome and very helpful w all questions

-
Back