Not open for further replies.

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 95%
19   1   0
Contact seller
Restored 1964 - 1972 A Body seat belt set, new webbing, all hardware restored plating, all necessary hardware to completely install your seat belts. Date tags and NOS webbing is available at an additional charge.

I should add that the picture depicts a generic set. All sets are built to order.

$325 for a basic set. A basic set consists of belts for bucket seats, rear bench. Hardware such as bolts, mounting plates etc. are extra. Picture depicts a complete 68-69 Seat Belt set and webbing sample. Includes shipping

69ABodySeatBelts.jpg

Webbing Sample.jpg

These are very nice looking. Had a few questions that I thought others might ask as well so will post them here instead of PMing them. I'll number them (which is more of a way to help me keep track).

1. Are shoulder belts/hardware available? If so, how much?
2. Are you open to making sets for B/E bodies? If so, similar pricing?
3. How much more for NOS webbing (all colors available?) & date tags?
4. Are date tags reproduced?
5. How much for bolts/mounting plates?
6. Bench seat pricing difference (if any)?
7. Can originals be sent in for restoration? Any cost difference?

Thnx.

These are very nice looking. Had a few questions that I thought others might ask as well so will post them here instead of PMing them. I'll number them (which is more of a way to help me keep track).

1. Are shoulder belts/hardware available? If so, how much?
2. Are you open to making sets for B/E bodies? If so, similar pricing?
3. How much more for NOS webbing (all colors available?) & date tags?
4. Are date tags reproduced?
5. How much for bolts/mounting plates?
6. Bench seat pricing difference (if any)?
7. Can originals be sent in for restoration? Any cost difference?

Thnx.

1. Yes, shoulder belts are provided as well as hardware. The cost would depend of the quality of materials i.e OE quality verses NOS. In most cases, with the more quality sets we charge an additional core charge unless the customer sends us the hardware.

2. We make sets for B and E bodies. Again prices depend on the quality in which the customer wishes. Note: E body sets are somewhat more expensive due to the shortage of good quality hardware.

3. NOS webbing is available as is date tags. Date tags are made based on the customers car information.

4. Yes, they are reproduced. Date tags are very expensive to obtain. We have a source that is very competitive in terms of price. We've seen date tags cost as much as $165 each. The vendor where we get ours is of the same quality and cost considerably less.

5. Bolts and plates are provided with the exception of our "Poverty" set. We don't sell individual parts.

6. Bench seat verses bucket seat belts are similar in price. Of course cars equipped with three belts in the rear set will cost more.

7. Originals can be restored however it may be cost prohibitive due to the condition of the core set and how labor intensive it is to restore the original hardware.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Here's a set of B body belts. This is a premium set with NOS webbing and correct date tags

1969OEBlackBBodySeatBelts.jpg

1. Yes, shoulder belts are provided as well as hardware. The cost would depend of the quality of materials i.e OE quality verses NOS. In most cases, with the more quality sets we charge an additional core charge unless the customer sends us the hardware.

2. We make sets for B and E bodies. Again prices depend on the quality in which the customer wishes. Note: E body sets are somewhat more expensive due to the shortage of good quality hardware.

3. NOS webbing is available as is date tags. Date tags are made based on the customers car information.

4. Yes, they are reproduced. Date tags are very expensive to obtain. We have a source that is very competitive in terms of price. We've seen date tags cost as much as $165 each. The vendor where we get ours is of the same quality and cost considerably less.

5. Bolts and plates are provided with the exception of our "Poverty" set. We don't sell individual parts.

6. Bench seat verses bucket seat belts are similar in price. Of course cars equipped with three belts in the rear set will cost more.

7. Originals can be restored however it may be cost prohibitive due to the condition of the core set and how labor intensive it is to restore the original hardware.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Thanks for answering my questions. The pic of the b-body set looks really impressive. It's exciting to see the quality of a set like this. I'm not exactly at the stage where I need the belts for my 68 GTX but will PM you to get an idea of what I'm looking at. I'm all giddy (that's right ... I said giddy) thinking about finishing off the interror with these.

I'm to the point with my 68 fastback Barracuda that I need a price. Not concerned with NOS material. I need a set , Black in color, for front buckets and a set of two for the rear. I need it all as none of the original pieces came with the car. can you PM me with a price? Thanks-----Roy

you are going to put snake-oyl out of business.. great competition.. wish i known awhile back

I'm to the point with my 68 fastback Barracuda that I need a price. Not concerned with NOS material. I need a set , Black in color, for front buckets and a set of two for the rear. I need it all as none of the original pieces came with the car. can you PM me with a price? Thanks-----Roy
you are going to put snake-oyl out of business.. great competition.. wish i known awhile back

They have their place in the market however they mostly cater to the GM/Ford crowd. The webbing they use is not of the same pattern that was used in our mopars. They aso mass produce while we custom build our sets per the customers request. Also, this is not a sole business venture in that the main bread and butter service is upholstery work on cars. The belts are built during slow times between jobs.

I should add this is a small fraction of what we do. Doing the belts helps fill a void out there in terms of providing quality, correct and safe seat belts as well as supporting our car hobby.

Last edited:
Hi dart4forte, is it the number of components, NOS webbing and date tags being used, what differentiates the premium set over the basic?, otherwise both sets would be restored to the same quality? What would be the price for a 68-69 A body premium set? vs the $325.00. Do you deal with orders from Canada?

Hi dart4forte, is it the number of components, NOS webbing and date tags being used, what differentiates the premium set over the basic?, otherwise both sets would be restored to the same quality? What would be the price for a 68-69 A body premium set? vs the $325.00. Do you deal with orders from Canada?

First, all our sets are of good quality. We add to the quality by using higher grade materials such as NOS webbing. We also have bolts restored showing the part numbers.

We usually ship USPS flat rate so not sure on the shipping to Canada. Don't get many Canadian requests. We do ship all over the world. A lot of orders come from Sweden. Overseas shipping costs are split between us and the customer.

Here's a basic breakdown

A premium set of belts for an A body using OE correct webbing, new boots, bolts etc would go for $525. It would be $150.00 more if we add NOS webbing. Date tags would be included as part of the price. We would also have to charge a core charge of $150 refundable upon receipt of the customers core.

This would be a set you would put into an OE gold restoration. I have a 68 GTS, all numbers matching, sales documents etc and I have a premium set with correct date tags and NOS webbing. To be honest it's hard to tell the difference between NOS and the OE webbing we use. The judges at Carlisle and the Nationals would probably be able to tell the difference.

As far as the basic driver set, $325 (Poverty Set) you get the belts, front and rear, retractors, shoulder belts are extra. If you have three belts in the back seat then you pay a little more No hardware such as bolts washers etc. No core is required.

We also mix and match. As an example we just took an order from a member for two lap belts for his A body. He gets the belts, boots, retractors and the lower shoulder belts. No hardware. No core charge and shipping included.

Thanks dart4forte for the response, interested, you'll hear from me again at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back