Restoring appearance of master cylinder?

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
I know the right answer is “remove it and either take it apart or buy a new one”. Short of doing that, which I will do one of these years, has anyone tried to restore the appearance of their master cylinder while it’s still in the car, and if so, how did you do it? Were you pleased with the results?

Now that I’ve done a 4bbl upgrade and painted exhaust manifolds, the eyesore in the engine bay is now the master cylinder. The wiper motor isn’t perfect so that’s also on the list but it’s not nearly as bad as the master cylinder.

Hey Chris I'm interesed in this as well. I have a few eyesores in the engine bay. Dremel type tool with small wire wheels (brass)??

Caliper paint. Heat and brake fluid resistant.
There is metalcast paint,but i dont think it resists whoa juice.

I usually paint the body with cast blast, then use a gold irritate paint on the top to simulate cadmium, But I always use dot5 / silicone fluid in my hot rods, so no issue with it getting on paint.

Buy a can of Eastwood Cast Blast sprat paint. Clean the MC thoroughly. Then MASK, MASK, MASK! The Cast Blast paint looks really good.

Wire wheel on a drill "high speed" and brake cleaner....lol ... better put a towel under and around or your paint will up and leave the car.

So EASY to remove. Remove itand paint it with cast blast like Mitch was talkin about. It works REAL good. Why worry about brake fluid that won't damage paint? If it leaks, it's bad anyway.

You can't properly paint it without removing all the rust and crud first. Only real way to do that is to remove the m.c. from the car first. When you do paint it, use engine paint, or something else that is glossy. All the flat "as-cast" paints are porous and you'll start seeing that cast iron rustiness start bleeding back thru eventually.

-
Back