Restoring Emblems

-

ir3333

Reaction score
Is there a paint that is bright enough to make restoring emblems at least " 10 footers"?
...many like "GTX" etc. are close to a hundred bucks a piece now!

Not that I know of. The cheap rattle can stuff might work but I think it looks like crap. Something like Alsa's Easy Chrome (Easy Chrome - The World's Most Exotic Finishes) looks really nice. It's a specialty finish that can be applied that resembles real chrome even up close. Probably a little more than you want to invest in it but if you have a bunch to do it might be worth it over the cheap rattle can "chrome":rolleyes:

I did a Ford emblem and needed a blue (and white) and I found a nail polish that was darn close. Nice and thick. It filled the cast emblem and self leveled, even climbing up the walls just a little like the OEM paint. Looked very glossy and professional. Just polished the chrome/pot metal/zinc Metallic portion. Looked good 5 feet away!

The chrome sprays are 2 part. You spray a reflective base and then spray the top iirc, like a clear coat that gives it the bluing look. I don't think it's very durable especially under UV.

I think there was a Suzy Sheer nail polish some time ago that was just like chrome but probably nothing out there will stand up for external use.
Maybe give them an obvious different finish.
...or just pay the price for new ones.

I've used Testor's model paint and a hypodermic needle before with good results...

-
Back