Retrofit windows

-

jimmer

Reaction score
First u can't believe they let people do this !
Most of these companies suck!
No backer rod, no membrane flashing, thin crappy trim on and on !
So I have to repair this before I can finish the deck I'm building.
It pays the same fixing it for me time and materials.
I'm just irritated!
It could have been avoided if the job was done right !
20211007_120525.jpg

I agree that some of these window replacement companies either do substandard work or over charge........ I put all new Anderson casements and a bow on the first floor of my house when I did a inside and outside renovation......So that was earlier nineties. About im going to say 20 years later this guy shows up and wants to sell me replacements......My house is immaculate and I look at the guy like are you blind or what....... I tell him I just replaced every window in the house 20 years ago, everyone a Anderson and not replacements, new construction units, not cheap ****
Guy says oh well how long do you think they last? I told him you tell me and whats the problem with mine that you think I need to replace them...... No answer...... Thanks for stoping by......

I agree that some of these window replacement companies either do substandard work or over charge........ I put all new Anderson casements and a bow on the first floor of my house when I did a inside and outside renovation......So that was earlier nineties. About im going to say 20 years later this guy shows up and wants to sell me replacements......My house is immaculate and I look at the guy like are you blind or what....... I tell him I just replaced every window in the house 20 years ago, everyone a Anderson and not replacements, new construction units, not cheap ****
Guy says oh well how long do you think they last? I told him you tell me and whats the problem with mine that you think I need to replace them...... No answer...... Thanks for stoping by......

i tried ordering a new crank mechanism for one of my windows the other day and the company that made them stated they dont carry replacement parts for my windows because they are obsolete ...apparently 1973 is old

In the pic I had not put membrane on top yet.
But I did before I papered it.
The sad part is that it is going to cost the guy between 3 -4 thousand just to fix the few windows on the deck.
It is mostly labor accept cedar siding is insane expensive.
I grabbed 80 sq' of primed 1x6 bevel.
Just for that it was 500
After my coffee fix I have to work.
Can't leave the house exposed.

Some of the retro fit companies pay the employee per window so they dont give a F#@k about quality or doing it right. They just need the windows off the truck by 5 pm.

Cheap is never good.

Looks like you had a hell of a view while fixing it tho eh?

Back when I was a carpenter I loved jobs like that. I did a few on the coast. One day a whale came into the bay and the whole crew stooped for like an hour to sit and watch it.

Is that a big *** lake or the ocean?

Now I wanna go fishing..... dammit.

That is the puget sound.
North Seattle a place called Richmond Beach.
Just south of Edmonds wa.

Now it officially your fault. Me and the lady going fishing!

Gonna load up the surf rods, the lady, the dog and hit the beach!
Hopefully we get a Halibut or striper for dinner!

i tried ordering a new crank mechanism for one of my windows the other day and the company that made them stated they dont carry replacement parts for my windows because they are obsolete ...apparently 1973 is old
Why I only use Anderson......I have a Pella Double door slider off the dining room. Has. the blinds in between glass.....Beautiful well made door but it has this roll up screen which I dont like. Does not hold up but trying buy parts for it.....Expensive and hard to source......
You do good work BTW

I had to work yesterday and finish sealing up the window wall .
Siding and everything is done on that area.
Customer was very happy.
I don't normally work weekends.
I do whatever has to be done , at times that means late nights and or weekends.
I think the company that did the windows might be in trouble ?
As far as I know warranty is 1 year by law.
Not sure about windows?
I think he said it was 3 years ago they were replaced.

That is the puget sound.
North Seattle a place called Richmond Beach.
Just south of Edmonds wa.
**** I was just going to guess that from the clouds.
I see you're from Stanwood, I'm over in Yakima.
Nice work by the way

Yakima.
So one time a few years ago I was on a ride over there.
We stopped at some bar downtown.
The one that has the dude with the gun moving back n forth outside.
Man it was pretty obvious a hot spot for the cartel.
That was during a car cruise.

-
Back