return of the dodger power wagon?

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
Kind of old but I'm just now seeing it, dodge is app. trying to bring back the power wagon and answering ford's svt raptor with this:

powerwagon9.kgp.ed.jpg

also it looks kind of stepside-ish

The Power Wagon was always the truck Ford and Chevy wanted to be.

It almost looks too much like a Ford, sorry.

I say bring back the older style body pickups before the 03 models came out.

i love the old mopars. but got to says the raptor still has this beat. hope to buy one next year when they come out with the quad cab.

I like it.

But, unfortunately, it's being billed as the "answer" to the Raptor.

I know Chrysler's financial difficulty can be taken into account, but management needs to stop searching for "answers" and make the other manufacturers start coming up with "answers" of their own.

I like it.

But, unfortunately, it's being billed as the "answer" to the Raptor.

I know Chrysler's financial difficulty can be taken into account, but management needs to stop searching for "answers" and make the other manufacturers start coming up with "answers" of their own.

Well said- but Chrysler's been doing almost nothing but "answering" other manufacturers since Virgil Exner was made the scapegoat for their disasterous "answer" to the Chevy II, the "downsized standard" Mopars. Last time Mopar led the way, IMO, was with the Dodge Caravan.

As far as this truck goes, I've got nothing against it- but long ago, truck designers lost sight of what a truck is for: I don't see that bed accomodating a dozen 4x8 sheets of 1/2" plywood, for instance.

I gotta slap disagree with the "it looks like a ford" comment. when the Super Duty was redesigned in 1999, THEY'RE the ones who tried to make their trucks look like the Dodge. The Dodges have just kept lookin better.

Sometimes it's best to wait for others to do it, then learn from there mistakes, make it better then call it your own................... bahaha :)

In the August edition of Off-road magazine, they did an article on the "Raptor killer" from dodge, it's the orange quad-cab on the cover. The coolest thing about that truck, called the "Ramrunner" is that it was built from off-the-shelf dodge parts, so rather than having to order a Raptor from the factory, wait for it, and pay high$$ for custom replacement parts, you can build it yourself from the dealer parts catalogue. They had 2 small pics of the white power wagon in that issue. It was IMO the best-looking truck in the mag. That PW is a shortened 3/4 ton truck with a 1/2 ton rear suspension, done-up with pre-runner suspension parts. The bed was hand-made from a pair of Dually fenders! I love the look of that truck, it's modern and retro at the same time!

I'm a fan of the Dodge trucks...always will be. I've owned an '83 and an '07, and was supremely satisfied. I agree that Ford followed Dodge on the "big rig" front-end styling.

In these days of bringing back the dead, I'd like to see a new Ramcharger in the showrooms. That was and still is my favorite "truck" Dodge ever built.

-
Back