Return of the Scamp!

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt very many of you remember my 1975 Scamp. It was the car that got me on FABO, the car that got me into A-bodies and in 2010 at the ripe old age of 16, it was my first car. I didn’t know much about these cars back then and some of the “big issues” back then are things that wouldn’t be real hard for me to fix now.

Well, after a few years years of ownership and having no extra money to get anything done on the car, I decided to sell it and put the money toward our upcoming wedding. That was spring of 2013.

The kid who bought the car had big plans of turning it into a roadster. When they got the car home, he parked it behind his dads shop and in the past 6 years, he never touched the car once. The dad ended up getting the car out and driving it to the store down the road a few times, then parked it again 2 years ago.

Fast forward to the first of this week, the dad texts me and asks if I’d wanna buy the Scamp back. So I threw a few things up for sale, scratched the money together and went and bought her back last night! Let me tell y’all, this car us a freaking time capsule! Everything is exactly the same as it was when I sold it!
347E00BE-C302-4110-ABD4-ED448459ACE8.jpeg
The night they bought it, I put some extra parts in a box and put them in the back seat, the box is still right there!
65E4EE13-12CB-4F4D-8817-EFA8E6D985D1.jpeg

My license plate is still in the front seat!
D3CBA0E7-3DFA-4B98-8E9E-D10D2A9125D9.jpeg

Even the chrome/wood grain door lock pulls, that I bought in 2010 on the way home from buying the car, are still there!

The only thing different that I can tell is this locking gas cap.
F1BA8E1D-78DD-423E-9DF9-3DE14E9C75CB.jpeg

The car has a fair amount of rust. It’s gonna need floor pans, trunk pan and extensions, a passenger fender (I may just repair it), a full drivers quarter and a lower passenger quarter. But I’m perfectly ok with that! I have my Scamp back and I’m tickled pink!! I’m considering naming the car microbe, germ, bug, virus or something along those lines, because it’s the car that cause me to come down with this A-body disease!

7E109117-2EFA-4799-B175-90D0BEF7D5E0.jpeg

Oh, and to make the story even better, when they were at our place to buy the car, the dad saw an extra slant 6 and transmission that I had and he said he may be interested in buying it. Well he took my number and a few weeks later I delivered the engine to him. Last night we discovered some we both thought was pretty cool. When he got ahold of me to buy the slant 6, I saved his number as “Slant 6 Buyer”, when I told him that last night, he laughed, whipped out his phone and pulled up my contact info and when he saved my number the night they bought the car, he saved my number as “Slant 6”

I didn’t have the volume on my phone when I opened these videos so I wasn’t sure what was happening. That’s awesome!

I highly doubt very many of you remember my 1975 Scamp. It was the car that got me on FABO, the car that got me into A-bodies and in 2010 at the ripe old age of 16, it was my first car. I didn’t know much about these cars back then and some of the “big issues” back then are things that wouldn’t be real hard for me to fix now.

Well, after a few years years of ownership and having no extra money to get anything done on the car, I decided to sell it and put the money toward our upcoming wedding. That was spring of 2013.

The kid who bought the car had big plans of turning it into a roadster. When they got the car home, he parked it behind his dads shop and in the past 6 years, he never touched the car once. The dad ended up getting the car out and driving it to the store down the road a few times, then parked it again 2 years ago.

Fast forward to the first of this week, the dad texts me and asks if I’d wanna buy the Scamp back. So I threw a few things up for sale, scratched the money together and went and bought her back last night! Let me tell y’all, this car us a freaking time capsule! Everything is exactly the same as it was when I sold it!
View attachment 1715275114 The night they bought it, I put some extra parts in a box and put them in the back seat, the box is still right there!
View attachment 1715275112
My license plate is still in the front seat!
View attachment 1715275111
Even the chrome/wood grain door lock pulls, that I bought in 2010 on the way home from buying the car, are still there!

The only thing different that I can tell is this locking gas cap. View attachment 1715275110

The car has a fair amount of rust. It’s gonna need floor pans, trunk pan and extensions, a passenger fender (I may just repair it), a full drivers quarter and a lower passenger quarter. But I’m perfectly ok with that! I have my Scamp back and I’m tickled pink!! I’m considering naming the car microbe, germ, bug, virus or something along those lines, because it’s the car that cause me to come down with this A-body disease!

View attachment 1715275113

Oh, and to make the story even better, when they were at our place to buy the car, the dad saw an extra slant 6 and transmission that I had and he said he may be interested in buying it. Well he took my number and a few weeks later I delivered the engine to him. Last night we discovered some we both thought was pretty cool. When he got ahold of me to buy the slant 6, I saved his number as “Slant 6 Buyer”, when I told him that last night, he laughed, whipped out his phone and pulled up my contact info and when he saved my number the night they bought the car, he saved my number as “Slant 6”
Happy birthday! I noticed your birthday is today also! You will have to stop by sometimes when your passing by Edmonton, I live on hwy 80 up at the very top of the hill from Bob's tire center on the right, I have two newer challengers, a red and a black, an old gas pump by my garage, we can talk mopars!

Happy birthday! I noticed your birthday is today also! You will have to stop by sometimes when your passing by Edmonton, I live on hwy 80 up at the very top of the hill from Bob's tire center on the right, I have two newer challengers, a red and a black, an old gas pump by my garage, we can talk mopars!
Thanks! I’ll have to do that sometime! I’m hoping to go to the big Mopar show in somerset this year and maybe a few other cruise ins over there.

Thanks! I’ll have to do that sometime! I’m hoping to go to the big Mopar show in somerset this year and maybe a few other cruise ins over there.
So am I, I'll be there. The guy that had my Demon took it there last year.

Nice to see another ‘75 Scamp being restored!! Keep us updated.

The Somernights Cruise? I plan on being there. I know KeaganB will be also, with his Scamp.
Hopefully, it won't rain, again!

The Somernights Cruise? I plan on being there. I know KeaganB will be also, with his Scamp.
Hopefully, it won't rain, again!
That’s the one. I was planning on going this last year but we had an emergency at the farm that prevented me from going.

That’s the one. I was planning on going this last year but we had an emergency at the farm that prevented me from going.
I took my Magnum down last year. I had the Duster's front end apart and I'm trying to keep the mileage down on the Dart.
But it rained in the morning, but cleared up by the afternoon. Just made it muggy. I'm hoping this year is less rainy. I missed several shows to rain. Mopar Nats was killed by it.

I took my Magnum down last year. I had the Duster's front end apart and I'm trying to keep the mileage down on the Dart.
But it rained in the morning, but cleared up by the afternoon. Just made it muggy. I'm hoping this year is less rainy. I missed several shows to rain. Mopar Nats was killed by it.
Hopefully you’ll have much better luck with shows this year.

-
Back